Author Topic: If you could time travel. What game would you show your past self?  (Read 2358 times)

It's the year 2038 :),  humans have discovered intertelephathic travel under the leadership of Elon Musk who has become President and through the advancements of not only AI but also cell manipulation.  Sceintists have formulated a way to divise your genomes and alter theor coordinates in the time space continuum basically allowing your soul to ascend space and time while your body remains as a portal hub station in the real world.  This will basically clone yourself on a emulator digital level through cellular cloning and warp your holographic digital existence in parallel dimensions isntantly while keeping you in two time frames simoultaneously with your human body.

You and 3 other test subjects are selected to travel to the year (Insert the year in which you were 10 years old) to meet your former self and to converse with yourself as a child as an adult to see not only the predecessor of your existance but to educate the past you to make the present you wiser and to create a mega evolved supreme species of the current human race.   But you contain the knowledge and the power of forsight over the gaming industry as a whole. :)   

So out of every game that came afterwards.  Modern 4k beast systems, Open World 1st person masterpices like GTA V.  Interstellar space sci fi shooters like Halo.   Or simple 3D platformers like Mario Odyssey.

If you had to meet up with your childhood self in spirtual form from an alternate plane of existance in the future but also in the past depending on perspective.  What game would you play with yourself to blow the past you's mind? :D

Also what would you tell yourself as words of wisdom that you learned in life that you feel the past you could utilize to better his/herself?   In a way you are essentially placed in a position to raise yourself. Parenting yourself with the knowlege you gained in your adult life.  Basically with the power of forshadowing your trials and tribulations as well as what becomes of yourself with the decisions you make you can divert bad decisions and become a supreme version of yourself in the future (present).   What would you say to assure this? Or would you not try.    If you could rewrite history would you?   Do you deserve that power?     
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 06:47:29 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

hexen

Re: If you could time travel. What game would you show your past self?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 09:13:10 pm »
Elon Musk not being 85% a fraud...? Now that truly is a far out alternate reality.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 04:54:46 am »
Can I instead have my future self come here and tell me if Detroit: Become Human lives up to the hype? :)

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 05:03:31 am »
I'd travel back to 1990, when me and my dad are playing the original Legend of Zelda together, loving the exploration and freedom, and showing them/me the Breath of the Wild, which is easily doable being played on the portable Switch.  They'd get to see a game that is so large, the original NES games map takes up just the tiniest fraction in comparison and that I could spend dozens of hours just getting lost in that world.  Instant mind explosion.

arkaneer

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 11:53:35 am »
I'd be going back to 1980 when I was playing Space Invaders, Asteroids, Missile Command on my 2600.

I think World of Warcraft would be incomprehensible to me back then. The fact that thousands of other people from around the globe could play the same game simultaneously would not make any sense. And the sheer size of the world available. It blew my mind when it came out, let alone back in 1980.

rayne315

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 10:51:24 am »
I'd be going back to 1980 when I was playing Space Invaders, Asteroids, Missile Command on my 2600.

I think World of Warcraft would be incomprehensible to me back then. The fact that thousands of other people from around the globe could play the same game simultaneously would not make any sense. And the sheer size of the world available. It blew my mind when it came out, let alone back in 1980.

it wasn't the first nor the best in its day, but what it did far and beyond every other MMO out there was making it so that it would work on average computers and not just cater to high end systems.

Me I think I would just tell myself about all the investments that would result in the biggest profits for me. maybe a few lottery numbers.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 11:17:00 am »
10 years old... It was 1991

I'd tell younger self to go ahead and get that Super Nintendo that you're yearning for but this is what Nintendo does in the future.  Whoop out the ole Switch and my little mind. 

Then I'd have me right down some things. 
    1) Here's some lottery numbers.  Have your folks buy a ticket on these dates and use these numbers.
    2) In 1998 throw a few bucks towards these guys named Larry Page and Sergey Brin.  They're working on something called "Google" get in on the ground floor.
    3) Buy a Gold Nintendo World Championship cart.  The winners were listed in Nintendo Power.  Track them down.  You have lotto money.  Get on it!

pizzasafari

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 08:53:35 pm »
I'd go back to when 11-ish year-old me was despairing about the state of Final Fantasy and show myself Persona.

Final Fantasy used to be my baby series, Persona completely replaced it when I finally played it. Haven't looked back since.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 11:18:33 am »
I'd show myself Astal. Not really in an attempt to 'wow' 10 year old me (It would release 2 years later anyway), but as a way to convince myself that yes, you really do need to save your Christmas money in a few years and buy a Saturn. Don't get discouraged by the stolen Christmas Nights demo, buy it anyway. And still get the Playstation the following year, you'll want both. Just to save me some money down the road.

And yes, I'd do the usual 'buy these lotto tickets, invest in this compnay routine.' Either that or tell myself to really buckle down & actually do college. "You don't hate your retail jobs, but they sure as hell don't pay well".