Author Topic: What are the best Spider-Man Games?  (Read 935 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

What are the best Spider-Man Games?
« on: March 01, 2018, 06:07:06 pm »

What are your favorite Spider-Man video games?

There have been a bunch of great Spider-Man games. Just so many. Here are the ones that stick out to me:

Spider-Man: The Arcade Game was a fantastic mix of beat-em up levels and platforming levels. And it had amazing graphics for the time.

Maximum Carnage and Separation Anxiety for SNES and Genesis were fantastic beat-em ups. Some of the best of the 16-bit era.

Spider-Man 1 & 2 for PS1, N64, and Dreamcast are great 3D action-platformers that follow the comics quite well. And set-up the web-slinging mechanics that all other Spider-Man games since have followed.

Spider-Man: The Movie (PS2, XBox, GameCube) is a fantastic action-platformer that is high-octane, has fantastic controls, and has just so many cool unlockables like new costumes, special abilities, and being able to play as Green Goblin with all of his gear and abilities!

Spider-Man: The Movie 2 (PS2/XBox) helped define what a modern open-world open game can be. And oh man, all that wonderful, full-city web-slinging!

And Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (XBox 360/PS3) was just an awesome geek-inspired story that involved gameplay with 4 different Spider-Men (original, Alien black costume, Noir, and 2099) in 4 different timelines.

I also give a nod to Web of Shadows (XBox 360, PS3, Wii). It played kind of similar to Spider-Man 2, but involved a fantastic story where the Alien Symbiote race that Venom and Carnage belong to, take over New York. You get access to your old Symbiote costume and have to try and take the city back with help from other Marvel heroes.

Re: What are the best Spider-Man Games?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 06:36:40 pm »
Spiderman 2 movie game is the only Spiderman game I have played a significant amount of.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 10:34:16 pm »
Hmm I don't have any super hero video games, besides "Lego Marvell Super Hero's" but I did play a game with a friend with Spiderman in the game. I am vary unfamiliar with comic super hero games as of today :-\
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:35:51 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

arkaneer

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 04:27:50 am »
I played a lot of Spiderman 2 on OG Xbox...I'd spend hours just swinging around because it was so well implemented.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 10:22:20 am »
Maximum Carnage.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 09:08:29 pm »
I really enjoy Spiderman the Animated Series on genesis.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 11:20:39 pm »
Marvel vs Capcom 2

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 11:23:41 pm »
Atari Spider Man lol

https://youtu.be/hZzGaFiyezY

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 12:19:23 am »
Realized that I haven't played a Spider-Man game in a very long time.  Probably since PS2.  Not really that hyped for the newest one, I haven't seen much to make it stand out as a full game, but here's hoping it's good.

adamilius

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 01:25:28 am »
Maximum Carnage, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance

doafan

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 12:07:18 pm »
Belive it or not haven't played any title of this superheroe, the closest thing has to be the Tony Hawk's - Pro Skater 2 where you were able to play as Spider-Man and that's all  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 09:47:27 am »
I love the N64 Spider-Man.  I'm looking for the Dreamcast version.  It's supposed to be the best version of that one.