Author Topic: New Wave of Original XBox Backwards Compatibility Coming, and it Looks Great!  (Read 1384 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Read about it here:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/10/backward-compatibility-april-update/

Morrowind, Jade Empire, and Panzer Dragoon Orta alone make this awesome, not to mention the rest of the great titles here. XBox really picked some gems for this wave!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:50:14 pm by burningdoom »

azure

Orta gives me hope for more of the SEGA exclusive Xbox titles. Getting my friend to bring over his Xbone so I can try out Orta myself.

turf

PRO Supporter

I'm getting the itch to go back and play some Xbox games.  The problem is, I don't have time to play new stuff or old stuff or this kinda old stuff.  I hate being and adult.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

It'll probably never happen, because of The Master Chief Collection, but I really want Halo 1 & 2 to be backwards compatible.

While the graphics look great on The Master Chief Collection, they ruined the incredibly awesome soundtrack those games had. Which is really a driving force behind the gameplay, it gets you amped and gears up in just the right places.

It'll probably never happen, because of The Master Chief Collection, but I really want Halo 1 & 2 to be backwards compatible.

When they initially announced original Xbox backwards compatibility, Halo 1 was mentioned as one of the titles they were working on. It's probably taking a little longer as they're making it so Xbox Ones and original Xboxs can system link with each other for LAN play.

It's sad that the only exciting thing coming from the Xbox One is its ability to play older games lol

Flashback2012

It's sad that the only exciting thing coming from the Xbox One is its ability to play older games lol

I can't disagree with this. At least for the stuff I like to play/buy, Sony and Nintendo have pushed the Xbox out of the way and the only think that peaks my interest is this whole BC thing.  :(

Also, I still can't bring myself to buy XB1 versions of games if I know there's a PS4 version available. I think outside of the games I picked up when I bought the bundle, all of the games I've purchased were the console exclusives. At this rate, I'll have a bigger Switch library at year's end than I will for XB1.  :P

This is one of those news stories where it's nice, but it's definitely not really geared at me... I mean, I own all 3 generations of Xbox right now, I can play anything I want as-is. I know the Xbox One offers some improved visuals, but quite frankly, if I'm playing a nearly 20 year old game I probably don't care much about it looking modern.

If anything, this is problematic for me becuase now I'll have to spend more on OG Xbox titles! *shrugs* Oh well...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

I can't disagree with this. At least for the stuff I like to play/buy, Sony and Nintendo have pushed the Xbox out of the way and the only think that peaks my interest is this whole BC thing.  :(

Also, I still can't bring myself to buy XB1 versions of games if I know there's a PS4 version available. I think outside of the games I picked up when I bought the bundle, all of the games I've purchased were the console exclusives. At this rate, I'll have a bigger Switch library at year's end than I will for XB1.  :P

Game Pass.

100s of fantastic games at your fingertips for under $10.

I agree with the sentiment that it's kind of sad for MS having to do this, but there are so many OG games I missed out on that I'm considering playing now because I can play on X1X instead of OG.

dashv

PRO Supporter

I have to disagree.

I’m really looking forward to Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

Also, multi-platform games are awesome on the 1X.

Last but not least, it’s so cool being able to download Unity and Visual Studio and deploy my own code to the console.

I’ve honestly played more X1 this generation than PS4.

It surprises me.

I actually think that the XO has some really underrated exclusive : Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, the Forza games, Halos, GOW4, Cuphead, State of Decay...

+ EA Access and Game Pass are amazing