Author Topic: How much would your dream game collection cost to buy in one day on eBay?  (Read 1511 times)

Approximately, just grabbing everything on buy it now?

I mean, only a couple grand right?

i'll limit it to 10 games because with unlimited money i'd probably just buy every game ever made and do full sets ect...  but that takes the fun out of the game :)

My all time holy grail top 10 is. 

Rule of Rose CIB  -  299.99 USD
Bioshock Collection Limited Edition with Big Daddy Statue-  479.99 
NWC Gold Cart - (Hard to find on Ebay, but i'd reckon it'd be about 20,000 USD if it surfaced)
NWC Grey Cart-  15,000 USD
Pepsi Invades Atari 2600 CIB-  1,000 USD
Color a Dinosaur-  100 USD
Tomba- 80 USD
Autographed Mike Tyson's Punchout CIB- 180 USD
Stunt Racer 64 CIB- 800-1000 USD

Original Xbox Kiosk

1,000-2000 USD

I'd say with all factored in, seeking out perfect condition copies would put it to about 50,000-80,000 USD :D

But if we're talking, skies the limit anything you want kinda unlimited resources, i'd probably spend 2 billion dollars in a day.  I'd be buying so many games the USPS man would have to be hired on payroll to work longer shifts to keep up with the back log.  It'd be madness.  :)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:22:01 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

After collecting for about a decade I now have most of what I've ever wanted. There are games I'd love to own (some would be repurchases), but many of them I'm fine not owning either. I'd also like to get back into US Saturn collecting again as well someday, which even doing this there would only be about 40 or so games I'd want to own on the Saturn. I'm not sure what the overall monetary value of all the stuff I'd still want would be, but it would be at least several thousand.

rayne315

just a very rough estimate but my preferred collection would cost me another 2.5mil... a good chunk of that cost though would actually be buying a house large enough to house it. ~300,000-500,000 would buy me enough space (4000sqft+) to display the 100,000 (give or take) games that exist physically.

but if we are talking with my current space the rest of my collection would only cost ~30,000 that is strictly for the 2 systems I am primarily collecting for (averaged from price charting).

unfortunately even if I did win the lottery or something like that I would still never buy games online (minus new releases) for me one of the largest parts of collecting is the hunt.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:47:58 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

A lot.
My dream collection would include a shit-ton of pinball, arcade games, NWC carts, all the shit I already have, and an airplane hangar to put it in.

kypherion

Jeez, a couple grand probably. Mostly settling for games I really want.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

Assuming we don't go the 'all the arcade cabs and a house to put it in' route, and I just get what's on my wishlists right now... let's see, adding up from Amazon's pricing:

new games (consoles still sold @ gamestop): about $900

retro games: also about $900

expensive retro games (anything averaging above $30) about $3100, with 10 games currently unavailable (so no price to add in)

the 'holy grails' (think Little Samson level stuff) about $3000, with 2 games currently unavailable.

So, as a VERY low number, around $8000. Keep in mind though, that's just grabbing the first price shown on the Amazon pages- many of those I wouldn't buy becuase of condition issues, and there's a dozen games not noted due to no prices displayed, AND none of my digital wants are here becuase I can't track that pricing on amazon. I'd assume 15-20K or more is a better number.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Probably about 50,000 to buy holy grail items but if money was unlimited I would go the new Building rout and buy arcades and pinball machines and might as well throw in a bowling alley