Author Topic: Weirdest Collector's Edition ever?  (Read 2134 times)

arkaneer

Weirdest Collector's Edition ever?
« on: March 08, 2018, 11:20:01 am »
* SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD *

Hmmmm....

Iam8bit have posted a collaboration with Playdead to produce a limited run Collector's Edition copy of Inside for PS4.

All well and good, right?

However, they have also announced another collaborator..... a sex doll company called Realdoll ??!!

£ 270.00 gets you this :

https://store.iam8bit.co.uk/collections/playdead/products/inside-collector-s-edition

'Also includes : Other Stuff' must relate to the sex doll company I guess? How the hell do you make the leap from Inside to Sex Doll??!!

Is this the weirdest Collector's Edition you have heard of? If not, what the hell is??
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 03:02:11 pm by arkaneer »

shfan

Re: Weirdest Collector's Edition ever?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 01:18:17 pm »
If it vibrates, send it back  :P

hexen

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 01:43:18 pm »
A collector's edition with a a sex doll? Sure.

That's not as bad as the sadly rising popularity of collectors editions that don't include the damn game! Give me an embarrassing inflatable waifu over that anytime.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

rayne315

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 02:05:19 pm »
lol I read about this and did a small bit of research into it. word of warning any research into that company is NSFW obviously but... they produce one of the most lifelike feeling silicone inserts so what I think they are collaborating on is the creature from the end of the game in lifelike creepy real skin feels. maybe with objects hidden under the skin to make it feel like it has bones.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

arkaneer

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 02:59:46 pm »
lol I read about this and did a small bit of research into it. word of warning any research into that company is NSFW obviously but... they produce one of the most lifelike feeling silicone inserts so what I think they are collaborating on is the creature from the end of the game in lifelike creepy real skin feels. maybe with objects hidden under the skin to make it feel like it has bones.

Oh god that’s revolting. I seem to remember it being about 10ft tall... hope it’s not life size.

I can’t imagine a world in which I could explain buying that to my wife!

kevininja

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 05:40:57 pm »
Well, there was also this Collector's Edition for Dead Island: Riptide that was weird as hell:
https://www.polygon.com/2013/1/15/3878810/dead-island-riptides-bloody-torso-statue-sparks-anger-shock

arkaneer

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 07:21:32 am »
Well, there was also this Collector's Edition for Dead Island: Riptide that was weird as hell:
https://www.polygon.com/2013/1/15/3878810/dead-island-riptides-bloody-torso-statue-sparks-anger-shock

Yep, that's pretty grim!

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 09:51:23 am »

Yep, that's pretty grim!

Just imagine if that was made of realistic feeling skin!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

arkaneer

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 10:03:32 am »
Saints Row IV: The Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition
https://kotaku.com/the-million-dollar-saints-row-iv-se-has-two-cars-and-a-1077790142

That's crazy....I wonder if it was ever sold?

thewelshman

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 12:02:47 pm »

That's not as bad as the sadly rising popularity of collectors editions that don't include the damn game! Give me an embarrassing inflatable waifu over that anytime.

I'm curious as to what category would this fall under on VGCollect.

sworddude

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 01:12:09 pm »

I'm curious as to what category would this fall under on VGCollect.

Swag Toys & novelties obviously  ::)
Your Stylish Sword Master!

astralorange

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 12:17:50 pm »
While not the weirdest collector's edition ever, the first thing that came to mind was Catherine. It came with a special pair of boxers with hearts on them. Great game.

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 01:46:54 pm »
While not the weirdest collector's edition ever, the first thing that came to mind was Catherine. It came with a special pair of boxers with hearts on them. Great game.
Omg, I still wear those and the shirt as a set of PJs to this day. So fricken comfy. I also love how it came in a pizza box. The boxers were polka dot though, not hearts.