Author Topic: Storage failure.  (Read 2406 times)

ffxik

Re: Storage failure.
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 12:06:17 am »
Im gonna do you a solid. I will store that TG Duo and the better one of those Saturns here at my house for you. Also if you happen to have all the cords and a controller for each, I would be willing to store those here too. You're welcome.

Tempting.  ;)  The Duo doesn't have either power nor AV hookup.  I have a japanese Duo controller for it.  As far as the Saturns go both work (I hope)  I actually need to go back to my brothers and get at least one game for each system to see it there is any damage to the optical pickups. 

A Word of Warning here: if you start to experience any cold/flu like symptoms during this cleanup, please go IMMEDATELY to an ER. Contact with old mouse droppings can cause HPS (hantavirus pulmonary syndrome), which has a 50% mortality rate- and it can only take a few days to take you out. Try not to die for the sake of an old console, OK? Good luck in the cleanup!

I didn't know that.  I'll be careful and thanks for the heads up.   :o

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 11:23:36 am »
I'm heartbroken for you! Thanks for sharing!

This makes me want to bring hand sanitizer with me next time I go to the flea market... I'm sure those folks aren't as thorough as you.

ffxik

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 08:35:35 pm »
I'm heartbroken for you! Thanks for sharing!

This makes me want to bring hand sanitizer with me next time I go to the flea market... I'm sure those folks aren't as thorough as you.

Well I'm using a dilution of bleach amongst other cleaners to work on these.  There are still more to be done though. 

ffxik

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 02:22:04 am »
Did a few more today.  All of which were bad.  It had basically turned to mud inside each units ventilation areas.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 11:55:26 am »
Holy Monkey Balls!

That made my heart drop.  That was an expensive pile of mud

sworddude

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2018, 03:40:32 pm »
Looks pretty horrible and disgusting i kinda regret looking at this topic :o

I guess in a basic shed especially seperated from the main home it can happen not really recommended to store these kind of things. that must have been a terrible shed wich usually is just for gardening equipment etc the insides are pretty much a warm home to the outside elements and living critters of nature.

I've visited some people who had stuff stored in their seperate sheds and man did it look terrible, the carboard was wasted, way to many outside elements and temperature chances that effect the inside of a normal shed i guess  ::)

If you ever decide to store these kinds of things in a shed especially a shed wich is just for some basic storage affected by the outside elements at the very least cover them consoles fully in plastic that way storage would have been a bit decent even in a shed like that. only Temperatures might have damaged them from the inside but nothing else.

Not sure if it would have prevented mice though some bad luck i guess.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 07:05:39 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

ffxik

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2018, 05:38:13 pm »
Looks pretty horrible and disgusting i kinda regret looking at this topic :o

I guess in a basic shed especially seperated from the main home it can happen not really recommended tot store these kind of things. that must have been a terrible shed wich usually is jjust for gardening equipment etc the insides are pretty much a warm home to the outside elements and living critters of nature.

I've visited some people who had stuff stored in their seperate sheds and man did it look terrible, the carboard was wasted, way to many outside elements and temperature chances that effect the inside of a normal shed i guess  ::)

If you ever decide to store these kinds of things in a shed especially a shed wich just for for some basic storage affected by the outside elements at the very least cover them consoles fully in plastic that way storage would have been a bit decent even in a shed like that. only temperaturs might have damaged them from the inside but nothing else.

Not sure if it would have prevented mice though some bad luck i guess.

It may not have prevented it but it would have helped a lot.  I'm cleaning them up for there eventual storage at my brothers place.  He's got the room and it's indoors so A+ there.  I wasn't too keen on putting them out there to begin with, but I really didn't have a choice at the time.  Not something I'm looking to repeat that's for sure.

Surprisingly all I have taken apart everthing has been looking good.  Boards and connectors all look really good.  The Neo Geos if I had taken pics of the insides you would have never guessed that the outside was in that bad of shape. 

So far everything has been in great working order too. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:41:20 pm by ffxik »

desocietas

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 01:55:02 pm »
Awesome, glad to hear that everything is coming out ok in the end!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas