Author Topic: Like an idiot, I passed up a great find yesterday!  (Read 981 times)

blipcs76

Like an idiot, I passed up a great find yesterday!
« on: April 01, 2012, 12:26:51 pm »
Yesterday me and my wife went to our city's "mother of all garage sales", which is basically a combination garage sale/flea market environment.  I naturally was on the scout for classic games.  I finally ran into a booth towards the end of the day that had a bunch of games spanning many systems.  Jackpot!

However, I recognized the guy as a reseller.  All games were marked at $5 unless otherwise marked, which I took to mean common games were $5 and valuable games were marked higher.  In looking through the games I picked up two Gamecube titles.  The first being Odama, which I was just curious about.  The second was Phantasy Star Online Ep 1 & 2!  In the back if my mind, I knew this was a rare and valuable game, but knowing the booth was a reseller I second-guessed myself and put both games back and walked away.

When I got home, I looked it up to reassure myself I didn't pass up a great deal before I realized I had.  It's the second-highest priced used game in the Gamecube library, following the extremely rare Metroid Prime/Wind Waker combo.  I don't remember if it the game I passed up was the regular version or the plus version, which is worth twice as much.

I've been beating myself up since yesterday afternoon since I passed it up.  I also left behind loose carts of Risky Woods and Valis III (Genesis), which I also should have picked up.  Ever pass up a great deal on a valuable or rare game that you later regretted leaving on the shelf?

Re: Like an idiot, I passed up a great find yesterday!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 01:59:26 pm »
No, I always buy shit that even remotely interests me....I can always resell it later if it isn't what I actually want.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 02:47:22 pm »
I didn't know it was worth that much!

It sucks missing out on a find like that but I've found that there is always another one to find. It's also why I always have my phone with me when I go hunting so that I can verify what things are worth.

darko

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 02:57:30 pm »
I once passed up a cart only copy of Hagane in nice condition because I was on my one month kick of only buying complete snes games. The kicker is, it was $15.

blipcs76

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 09:34:20 am »
I've convinced myself it was the regular version and not the plus version, so the sting of passing it up is lessened quite a bit.