Author Topic: Kinda into that Pokemon Quest free to play game on Switch  (Read 1042 times)

Kinda into that Pokemon Quest free to play game on Switch
« on: May 30, 2018, 03:47:12 pm »
Despite the obviously horrid mobile game features it's sort of fun.

Probably gonna get Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! when it comes out too.

Re: Kinda into that Pokemon Quest free to play game on Switch
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 04:20:04 am »
When watching the trailer for Pokémon Quest I thought to myself "Wow this looks terrible!" but then decided to give it a try because of the "free" price tag. Now I have been playing it all day and actually having some fun. Not sure if I'm going to put some real time in this game though.

Also do we if Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee will allow us to evolve Pikachu and Eevee respectively? Or is it going to be like a Pokémon Yellow thing where you can't evolve Pikachu? The answer to this might determine which one I will get.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 05:28:28 am »
When watching the trailer for Pokémon Quest I thought to myself "Wow this looks terrible!" but then decided to give it a try because of the "free" price tag. Now I have been playing it all day and actually having some fun. Not sure if I'm going to put some real time in this game though.

Also do we if Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee will allow us to evolve Pikachu and Eevee respectively? Or is it going to be like a Pokémon Yellow thing where you can't evolve Pikachu? The answer to this might determine which one I will get.

I'm guessing they aren't going to allow you to evolve them like Pokemon Yellow, since it's basically a Pokemon Yellow reboot.  Being that they have clothing items for Pikachu and Eevee, I'm guessing they wouldn't then make them work for a Raichu and the starting gen Eevee forms too.  I had the same exact thoughts when picking.  Still unsure at the moment.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 06:07:07 am »

I'm guessing they aren't going to allow you to evolve them like Pokemon Yellow, since it's basically a Pokemon Yellow reboot.  Being that they have clothing items for Pikachu and Eevee, I'm guessing they wouldn't then make them work for a Raichu and the starting gen Eevee forms too.  I had the same exact thoughts when picking.  Still unsure at the moment.

Yeah that's what I'm kind of afraid of. I wasn't a fan of the limitation in Pokémon Yellow. I suppose we will have more info come E3 and hopefully that is answered then.

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 08:12:11 am »

These special partner Pokemon will not be able to be evolved, but wild Eevee and Pikachu are available, which can be evolved. If you don't like your partner Pokemon, you can always send it to the box.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/05/30/pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-lets-go-eevee-confirmed-for-nintendo-switch-releases-november-16

So will you be getting Eevee or Pikachu if they cannot evolve?

I assume you'd get Pikachu because you can use it as an electric type and Eevee is basically just a 'normal type' with no elemental type advantage?

But man I really like Eevee.

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 12:28:56 am »

These special partner Pokemon will not be able to be evolved, but wild Eevee and Pikachu are available, which can be evolved. If you don't like your partner Pokemon, you can always send it to the box.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/05/30/pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-lets-go-eevee-confirmed-for-nintendo-switch-releases-november-16

I assume you'd get Pikachu because you can use it as an electric type and Eevee is basically just a 'normal type' with no elemental type advantage?

I'm thinking I'm going to get Pikachu but I really like Eevee as well. I don't know, maybe I will get Eevee just to mix things up considering I just beat Pokémon Yellow just a few weeks back lol.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 05:52:11 am »

I'm thinking I'm going to get Pikachu but I really like Eevee as well. I don't know, maybe I will get Eevee just to mix things up considering I just beat Pokémon Yellow just a few weeks back lol.
I’m just going to get Eevee, I like it more and it’s not like the game is going to be super difficult and require min-maxing or very strategic thought.