Author Topic: First game(s)  (Read 2862 times)

Re: First game(s)
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 02:49:39 am »
Wolfenstein 3D shareware version PC
 Doom shareware version PC
Heretic shareware version PC
Kidspix full version PC

those were some of the first games I ever played

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pizzasafari

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2018, 08:09:23 am »
First game I remember playing was Alien Trilogy on someone else's Saturn, but we had some kind of console in our house when I was very very young that I must have played but I don't remember what it was. I don't know whether I played that or Alien Trilogy first.

First game I actually owned was Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus on PS1, still one of my favourite games. I got Croc 2 shortly after (or possibly at the same time, not entirely sure), from there I don't quite remember at what point I got which games.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 08:11:14 am by pizzasafari »

topspot123

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2018, 02:20:16 pm »
I was aware of arcade games and my family had an Atari 2600 very temporarily.  I think dad returned it because the game graphics didn't stack up well against arcade games.  But our first permanent home console was the Colecovision.  We got a few games at the same time, but I consider my first real game to be that version of Donkey Kong.  That is where I honed my platforming skills!  We ended up with about 7 games total for it and that was all we had in house for around 5 years.  I played that game until the difficulty maxed out and looped and I've rolled the score over twice in a single session. 

aliensstudios

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2018, 07:18:44 pm »
I think it was Sonic 3D Blast for the PC
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 12:56:34 am »
Super Mario Bros. on the NES way before I was given my first console. I played it circa 1996 I want to say.

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 03:04:55 am »
I very vaguely remember playing duck hunt on a neighbor's nes back when I was about 3yo. But I wasn't introduced to or owned anything until I got a game boy color with pokemon yellow. Recently I was told that my older brother and sister used to have both an nes and snes, but were sold off before I was born.  :'(

kashell

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 09:16:13 am »
First game I remember playing was some version of Frogger on an old computer.

But, I have a more clear image of playing Super Mario Bros. on the Nintendo.

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 12:51:12 pm »
I think it was Sonic on my Sister's Mega-Drive. Either that or it was Crash Bandicoot on the PS1.

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 04:55:43 pm »
Duck Hunt! My uncle would leave his NES at my grandmothers on the weekend so I could play. My parents got me a Gameboy to play at home during the week and Super Mario Land would be the first game that was actually mine.

It's fun to guess which console generation people were born in/how old they are based on their response here. It is just cool to think about the diversity of age represented here. I was old enough to play games late in the NES era 1990/91. I got my uncle's NES when he moved on to the Genesis as my first console.

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2018, 01:28:22 am »
I don't know if it is actually the first video game I played, but the first I remember playing was Sonic the Hedgehog over at my cousins house when I was about 4. I was so obsessed with Sonic as a kid that my dad got me a Genesis for my 5th birthday and I played the hell out of it. I also played a lot of arcade games when I was that age, the ones I remember playing the most were Offroad and Stun Runner.