Author Topic: Do you check game prices on your phone and  (Read 1140 times)

Do you check game prices on your phone and
« on: June 07, 2018, 09:30:14 am »
buy anything remotely valuable?

Re: Do you check game prices on your phone and
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 09:39:14 am »
Only at thrift stores not yard sales.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 06:26:11 pm »
yes i check my phone but not for value i check to see if i have it already

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 10:30:31 am »
I don't check prices for cheap games. Like if its a game I know isn't worth much but I find a copy that has everything and its in good shape I'll buy it without checking online. When it comes to rare games I always check online.

The more common thing I check online when I'm browsing a store is if I can save money by buying just the disk. Sometimes I'll find a rare game without the case or manual so I'll see if those are available via ebay at a price that can save me some money. If I can't, then it's not worth the hassle.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 12:19:17 pm »
No but if I were going to buy a game from someone I would think it would be rude if the seller was trying to compare to eBay price listings before selling me the game. Thankfully I never came across this at my local flea market all the prices are fixed plus if you buy more than one item they shave off the price :)
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 01:05:47 pm »
I check at thrift stores to see if a game I want is appropriately priced. I don't look for flips, and at yard sales I just guess.

If you have to stand around & check prices for flipping, you're kind of a lousy flipper.

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 01:14:26 pm »
I check at thrift stores to see if a game I want is appropriately priced. I don't look for flips, and at yard sales I just guess.

If you have to stand around & check prices for flipping, you're kind of a lousy flipper.
I check at thrift stores to see if a game I don't know the value of is at all valuable or sought after to determine whether I should add it to my collection xD

I'm getting a better grasp of what everything is worth from the top of my head all the time as time goes on though.

kypherion

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 01:22:38 pm »
Yeah, especially when I'm at stuff like retro gaming expo. However, I'm definitely going to barter.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 12:08:34 pm »
I check prices all the time, but not because I want to see if something is valuable, but to see if it's a good enough deal. I pass on a lot of stuff because it is too close to ebay or over ebay prices, which I might as well just wait and buy it on ebay of that's the case. If something is a killer deal and I have some interest in it I will typically buy it, and I use my phone to determine this.