Author Topic: Is your $60 better spent on a new modern title or retro games?  (Read 1699 times)

kypherion

Re: Is your $60 better spent on a new modern title or retro games?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 02:37:28 pm »
Retro. You can so easily buy good retro games for cheap and are so much fun.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

ferraroso

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 04:14:14 am »
This is easy to answer.
Althought new games (good and bad) are usually sold by this price, if a retro game reaches these values, it usually means that it is either rare or an awesome game that withstood the test of time.
So, with no doubt, I prefer paying US$60.00 on retro.

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 09:07:38 pm »
Probably retro because if you play your cards right you can probably get 2-5 great retro games or more for 60 dollars and only 1 brand new quality game will be 60 dollars. 

You can get Super Mario World, Mario 64 and Link to the Past for 60 bucks.  No 1 game is taking out that 3 punch combo imo :D

Plus older video games have much more diversity and replay value than a lot of newer games.  Most of these campaign driven games are one and dones.   A lot of retro games have that distinct replayable fun factor and they aren't as story driven. 

I sell most new games when i'm done with them and buy them back later,  I never do that with retro games.  I feel they are more important to keep.