Author Topic: Why do you play video games?  (Read 2119 times)

mizzach86

Why do you play video games?
« on: June 26, 2018, 12:01:02 am »
What is your attraction to playing games? Has it changed over the years?

For me, I played games a lot when I was a kid in the 90s. Back then, I mostly played them because I didn't really like real life and school, and I wasn't popular nor did I have a lot of friends. So games were something to confide and get lost in. I did also play games with my brother for fun as well.

These days, I like to think I play games to relax after a long work day, but I can't say I never use it as an escape from reality. I'd say I also play them as an adult because I have an emotional attachment to a lot of the classic characters from Nintendo and other franchises.

What makes you tick as a gamer?

Re: Why do you play video games?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 12:39:04 am »
Nostalgia, fun, and to keep busy. When I am not listening to music :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 02:30:26 am »
Fun or interesting worlds to explore, seeing where the story leads, or bit of a time filler.  If there's kinda none of the previous things, usually it ends up being more something I play while I got a podcast to listen to.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 04:34:52 am »
Because talking to actual humans is a drag.

Agozer

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 06:59:32 am »
Mainly, escapism. The real world is often either very boring or infuriating.

kashell

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 08:34:38 am »
I play games to escape, but I also like the social aspect of them. I've made some great friends and memories by playing with others.

mark1982

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 02:56:32 am »
Mainly to just enjoy the game.. Either a good story driven game just like any book or movie. Or a challenging game with crisp controls and fun gameplay mechanics.

I don't really play to escape, since I actually enjoy my daily routine as I got older. I have a job that I like doing and I enjoy spending time with my wife, friends. Then play games in the evening when my wife goes to sleep.

I use to play for escapism during my teenage years because at that time I hated the world, heh.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:08:55 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 03:27:26 am »

I use to play for escapism during my teenage years because at that time I hated the world, heh.

I also hated life and the world both as a teenager, as I got older I more used to it. But still today I sleep my life away, I have manic depression and a few other problems that I receive benefits for currently

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 03:37:14 am »

You did help me on one of the threads I've made and I do appreciate and thank you for  telling me about an arena based shooting game ;)

If you stop trolling some of the other people you would be a lot happier and you could start making friends. 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:39:29 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

telly

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 08:12:19 am »
If you stop trolling some of the other people you would be a lot happier and you could start making friends.

Damn, Oldgamerz layin' the smackdown! :O
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 02:42:03 pm »
One simple word: Fun.

azure

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 03:34:39 pm »
Because it's by far my favorite hobby, much enjoyment.

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2018, 06:30:36 pm »
Because I live in a post-apocalyptic dystonia where insect overlords force the population to play games that actually control giant robots. These robots are being used in a war over the remaining resources in our quadrant of space.

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 07:06:28 pm »
There's multiple reasons. First because it's fun, every game offers a different experience which makes gaming never boring to me. I also love being able to see the evolution of video games, being able to play a whole serie from the first game to the last and see how much it has changed.