Author Topic: What is the best system to collect for and why?  (Read 2143 times)

bantha

Re: What is the best system to collect for and why?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 03:00:44 am »

I love the games coming out now but I worry for their future.

I’m convinced 90% of this gen’s games are going to be a dumpster fire of brokenness 20-30 years from now. But your NES copy of SMB 3 and Atari copy of Combat will still work just fine without patches or updates. ;)

This is heartbreaking, but probably true.

I guess the best system to collect for is probably the one you enjoy the most games for.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:56:32 am by bantha »

sworddude

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 05:10:22 am »
All of them.

Because, why not?

There are so many great games across so many systems.

Some never saw mass appeal, some were short lived, some had good runs only to be ended by licensing deals gone unrenewed.

Try to enjoy as much of it as you can while you can.

Especially this latest generation. I love the games coming out now but I worry for their future.

I’m convinced 90% of this gen’s games are going to be a dumpster fire of brokenness 20-30 years from now. But your NES copy of SMB 3 and Atari copy of Combat will still work just fine without patches or updates. ;)

This is true for most ps3 and upwards games however it is not a solid reason to collect for older systems

If you like games like dark souls, gta or the last of us it doesn't mean your going to enjoy playing mario bros 3, combat or any games on those old systems. New systsems or pc will always fill those needs there is not going to be any issue for most people since new things will come.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 12:46:04 pm »
I’m convinced 90% of this gen’s games are going to be a dumpster fire of brokenness 20-30 years from now.

:'(

Well, that's a downer. But true.

And if they do survive, they'll probably just make us pay for a new download of the games each generation.

rayne315

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2018, 03:48:25 pm »
ps2 is my favorite and what I personally collect for (other than a blanket everything). but I would actually say anything Neo Geo. they are all well built systems/games and hold and maintain value throughout the years. good enough that whatever you find is worth playing and exclusive enough that I have never even heard of a shovelware title on the systems (even the handheld ones). the only true issue with collecting for it is by now almost every single game has found its way into a collectors arms so its almost impossible to find in the wild and much of the games are on the expensive side $40+ on the cheap end.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

piscean64

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2018, 08:37:09 pm »
There is no "best", just favorites. My favorite is N64 because it holds the most nostalgia for me, the library is relatively small and easy to collect for, but with lots of killer games. Also, there aren't many games for it that truly break the bank.

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2018, 09:32:39 pm »
There is no "best", just favorites. My favorite is N64 because it holds the most nostalgia for me, the library is relatively small and easy to collect for, but with lots of killer games. Also, there aren't many games for it that truly break the bank.

Welcome to the VGCollect forum piscean64 :) I saw this is your first post

anyway, I also like the Nintendo 64 and it's library too :)

but a lot of people claim not to like it, because of it's controller. In my opinion the Nintendo 64 is a fantastic party machine, there is a lot of games that are good on it. I actually have most of the games for it all bought under $50 each, mostly from an online seller by the name of www.jjgames.com.

I find it has some gems on it like Xenia Warrior Princess, War Gods, and many vary fun both arcade and simulation sports games. I love the sports games on the Nintendo 64 but others find it not appealing
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2018, 10:39:19 pm »

You are a champion. Welcome to the forums.

The best to collect for is the one that makes you the happiest.