Author Topic: Do You Get Upset When Someone Posts About Getting A Video Game Cheap?  (Read 2514 times)

thefr0zenanus

Re: Do You Get Upset When Someone Posts About Getting A Video Game Cheap?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 07:52:01 pm »
i would be curious where they got it for cheap,

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 04:09:55 pm »
If they're nice about it I'll pat them on the back and give them a thumbsup. No reason to crap on someone else's good day just cause I might not've been as fortunate!

Buuut if they're smug about it...

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 08:30:18 pm »
I don't, but there is ONE exception.

I have a collector ''friend'' IRL who's a total swindler and reseller. He doesn't even game much at all, his collection is a huge trophy piece. Whenever he finds doubles of games (which he often does, he's in yard sales every effing weekends) he either sells them to us, his collector ''friends'', at eBay prices even though he gets them at a buck or two, OR he doesn't even want to sell them to us because some random game shop will give him pretty store credit for them. Plus he doesn't bring his gamer ''friends'' game hunting because he doesn't want deals to slip away from him (he always brings the same guy that doesn't collect).

He's a major league a-hole and when HE finds good deals I just want to kick him in the nuts.

End of rant.

This says it all. I wouldn't buy anything from that person. I knew a friend who would buy a bunch of random stuff he thought he could flip and he'd constantly get stuck selling it for less than he paid because he needed the cash LMAO. He's one of those guys that lost money buying multiple PS3s at launch to try and flip 'em on Ebay.

I had an opportunity to buy a Turbo Duo and games from the TV tech that saw my game room about 5 years ago. He said his kids out grew it and it was like brand new still in the box. He wanted $100 for the system and games (most likely all the hard to find CD games). I couldn't swipe it from him. I showed him what they sell for online and he was shocked. I'd probably feel the same if I went garage sale hunting and took some kids games who's off at college, sold by his parents without a clue. That's just me though.