Author Topic: Will you ever not want a bunch of physical media in your house?  (Read 3216 times)

Re: Will you ever not want a bunch of physical media in your house?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 05:07:46 pm »
I’d much rather have the physical copy hanging around. All my cds go in storage once I put them on my pc. I’ll probably do the same for my movie collection if storage devices are ever able to handle it LOL.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 05:15:01 pm »
Yeah.  I don't really want all this stuff in my house.  It takes up too much space and living area. 

That's why I have a B.O.B.!  That's Big Ole Building for all y'all that didn't know.  8)

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 05:45:19 pm »
I thought about this thread a bit more and someday I would like to have more physical media in my house and get into collecting more again. However, much of this is based off of whether retro video game collecting ever cools down enough. There is already signs that its plateauing and in some cases losing appeal, but it would have to become the way it was around 2012 or before that for me to want to start getting back into SNES, NES, Genesis and most other pre gen 6 systems. I think it would be cool to have a even more massive collection, but that really depends on the state of collecting when I can do this and also how big of a place I live in at the time, and if it's my place or if it's just another place I'm renting.

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 10:28:40 pm »
To answer Seether's question, only if I am forced to move out of my home, If I am forced to move out I can no longer have a collection because 2 room studio apartments in my local area are $500 a month plus utilities and I can barely afford that
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 07:25:10 pm »
My house is starting to resemble a library. If anything, I want a different house that is easier to implement shelving designs in.

Literally the only thing I'm looking for right now in a house. Been looking for over a year(I'm in a shitty market as well) and no matter what I check out, I can't see my game room in any of these homes. Worse, my collection has grown so big it now needs two rooms now, or one gigantic room, so it's making it even harder.

Well... I didn't say it was because of video games... I have 15 shelves in my living room just for my movie collection.

I have other collections too. X-men comics, Laserdiscs, CED/Videodisc, MTG/YGO/Pokemon cards, baseball cards, even an HD-DVD collection. I've even started a small collection for stand-up comedy vinyl records. I should just have a house custom built for all my collections.

Want some more baseball cards?  ;D

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA... No.

I like wolff's idea of having two houses though, except I'd probably just sleep in the game room anyway.

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 10:45:57 am »
Kind of. I'll always want physical copies of video games but my collection of movies is getting kind of absurd at this point. I have hundreds of movies that I picked up dirt cheap over the years as places like blockbuster went under. Its become a hassle since there's been such a move away from physical movies and some laptops no longer have dvd players. It's just so much easier to stream movies especially when im on a long trip.