Author Topic: Do You Bother To Try To Master Any Game/Games In Your Collection?  (Read 2045 times)

Re: Do You Bother To Try To Master Any Game/Games In Your Collection?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2018, 09:41:44 pm »
Nowadays, I don't really bother since I go to school, study a lot, work and work out.

When I was 18-20 years old, I somewhat mastered Codemasters Grid.  At some point, I was ranked 83rd in the world which is not that bad considering there were over 500 000 accounts.  Do I regret the 10 hours a day I invested racing in that game?  Not at all!  Would I do it again today?  Nope!

I see that part of my life as something I'm proud of but would not do again because I don't want to play games anymore when I don't feel like it.  I now see video games as a way to enjoy some free time and I don't want to see them as a job.

Other than that, I played a lot of Midnight Club 2 and I guess I'm not too bad at it, but nowhere near the level I attained with Grid.

lordscott

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 11:26:18 am »
No I don't even bother because I don't want to & I don't care about trophies/achievements & yes some characters I do want to know & learn some of their combos & their finishers/fatalitys. & if I want to I will & I will do 100% of the games from my collection but I generally don't even bothered to master any games from my collection. I just game because I love gaming that's all there is to it & if I want to 100% of the games I will if I don't want to 100% of the games I won't do it especially depending on the games you're asking me about & depending on the games genres you're asking me about :).

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 10:56:43 pm »
I wish I had the time to master every game I played. But usually I play it on the normal setting and try to beat it. After it's beaten, I move on to the next game. When I was a kid I used to take the time to master every game I played. I beat the Link to the Past nearly 30 times back in the day. However I did get games less frequently back then...