Author Topic: Group platforms from different regions together?  (Read 528 times)

Group platforms from different regions together?
« on: May 28, 2012, 11:46:41 am »
Hi. Sorry if this is suggested elsewhere, but it would be great to be able to group platforms together, e.g. Nintendo Gamecube [EU] and Nintendo Gamecube [US] would be grouped into one top level entry on my collection page as "Nintendo Gamecube". Clicking on it could then drill down (AJAX / Javascript etc).

Step 2: Whilst it's great to be able to specify region for each game to get correct boxart etc, but when browsing the collections it would be nice to be able to switch between "show by platform" and "show by region" so that I could see all Nintendo Gamecube games in one go (via the former switch).

Great site. Well done.

matt

Re: Group platforms from different regions together?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 11:04:25 am »
Hi. Sorry if this is suggested elsewhere, but it would be great to be able to group platforms together, e.g. Nintendo Gamecube [EU] and Nintendo Gamecube [US] would be grouped into one top level entry on my collection page as "Nintendo Gamecube". Clicking on it could then drill down (AJAX / Javascript etc).

Step 2: Whilst it's great to be able to specify region for each game to get correct boxart etc, but when browsing the collections it would be nice to be able to switch between "show by platform" and "show by region" so that I could see all Nintendo Gamecube games in one go (via the former switch).

Great site. Well done.

Thanks for the suggestions and welcome to the family! We are walking a fine line in trying to cover everyones needs while keeping things clean and simple.

I think I will add this one to the to-do list. The next major update will allow for 3 groupings: games, hardware, other. I could probably expand on that and group categories together as well. I'll have to put some thought into it. It'll probably be a few months out but I'll see what I can do.