Author Topic: How Often Do Your Old and New Console Games Crash While Playing Them? Why?  (Read 1153 times)

A discussion about about how often some of your consoles give you trouble ignore the paranoia

My retro game consoles seem to almost always crash, when I want to play them. and my wireless PlayStation 3 controllers keep stop working, (I hardly ever use them) I've already lost 3 wireless controllers, no I am not destroying them, I am uncertain if what or who is. my games seem to work fine until I'm winning at them or enjoying them sometimes. so I don't have a logical explanation.

last time I played Halo 2 my 2nd Wired Xbox360 controller all of a sudden started to lag, then I switched back to the wireless controller and when It worked fine then it froze completely. I thought it was just over heated because it was hotter than normal maybe it needs cleaning?

Why does the Xbox360 it sound like  fright train once and a while? but not all the time, my old computer used to do that every time I left a disc in the CD-ROM Drive, and all those discs were corrupted that I used in that old computer these were actual games not bootlegs
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: How Often Do Your Old and New Console Games Crash While Playing Them? Why?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 09:38:49 pm »
Rarely.  But I have had 4 360s die on me outright.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 09:41:41 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 09:53:40 pm »
I have had fallout 3 freeze a few times on the 360

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 11:03:17 pm »
Certain software would crash on me, but not necessarily the system itself crashing.
For example, my Darksiders II would crash at specific locations in the game almost every time.

The only system that would crash randomly on me was my NES. I would always fear the frozen screen while playing. It didn’t matter what game it was.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 12:17:38 am »
After many years of use and love, my original SNES eventually broke down and would delete the save games from any cart put in it, so I had to replace it. Other than that, I've never ha a console crash or die.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 12:52:56 am »
After many years of use and love, my original SNES eventually broke down and would delete the save games from any cart put in it, so I had to replace it. Other than that, I've never ha a console crash or die.

Thats sorta the thing that happens to me with weird things like that. when I first got my current Nintendo 64 the reset button would not function, and just the other day it started to work
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 09:40:37 am »
I have never seen a Gen 5 or older console actually crash. Crash is a technical term, and it requires the program to exit. I do not think that those games, for consoles that do not have a resident operating system, have the ability to exit. Rather, you would encounter a soft lock on the console. I haven't seen a crash on a Gen 6 console, only soft or hard locks.

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 03:13:02 pm »
Not a crash per se, but I had a copy of Luigi's Mansion that would just not run well on my Gamecube. I'd get about 20 minutes then get a read error. Worked fine on my Wii, so I suspect the lazer is going on the Gamecube, but other games run well enough.

I've had similar experiences as others here with specific games on more modern hardware. I think everyone who played Anthem experienced some form of crash.

My SNES and NES do occasionally lock, particularly my SNES, but its so rare I'm not worried about it.

kashell

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 03:41:52 pm »
It's happened a handful of times. The only game I can think of in recent memory is Secret of Mana on the PS4