Author Topic: Help With Games I Vaguely Remember Playing?  (Read 1082 times)

Help With Games I Vaguely Remember Playing?
« on: January 08, 2020, 12:08:02 pm »
I've been thinking a lot about some old games I remember playing at this one friend's house when we were kids.  I only know the names of a few of them, and my memories of a lot of them are vague.   
I thought I'd try to see if any of you have a clue to what I'm talking about. 
Some of these might be homebrew, I would have no way of knowing.   I was a wide eyed kid who just found out computers can play games. ;)

1. Your like an archer killing enemies in a forest before they touched you. it was an early 3rd person style. (I feel like with what I recall of the graphics it would have to have been an 80's game, or at least a very early 90s.) and the final boss would be when it's night and everything is darker.  He/It was big and invisible, , you would have to search around and you could only see him in the lightning flash?  It didn't take long to play through.

2. I honestly only remember the first part of this one.  Or maybe it was just one level?  It was co-op, you had to escape a house by going into a secret passage in the floor.  One player had to get to the too of the screen and keep activating an object that made money fall down to the ground to distract the guard while the other escaped through the passage?  I don't think we ever got past it because my friend always stopped using the money maker object and let the guard come kill me before I made it through. >:(

3. I'm pretty sure this was a G.I. Joe game, but I can't find which one.  It was top-down view.  Each level was a single screen.

Sorry, that's all I can remember.

Re: Help With Games I Vaguely Remember Playing?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 06:21:18 pm »
Even from those descriptions, I would not know the game, But I wanted to leave an input for your thread anyway

There is thousands of games made in the 1980's and early 1990's and clones of games with similar styles of gameplay. I'll take a guess at one because since you mentioned an archer? and a forest? I would think of some game involving Robin Hood?

their is also Front Line and Commando in which were also 3rd person shooters but didn't involve an archer. Commando was ported to many consoles and computers in the 1980's including the NES/Nintendo Entertainment System and was a game involving a soldier named Joe in early 3rd person.

then there was "Gun Smoke" for both the arcade and NES I mean sorry to be unhelpful but were talking about nailing it down to one, or two, man there is a lot of retro style games out there.

This is one of the Commando video games (1985)

This is Gun Smoke NES (1985)

This is Front Line For the Atari 2600 (1982)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 07:11:47 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 07:03:17 pm »
I've been thinking a lot about some old games I remember playing at this one friend's house when we were kids.  I only know the names of a few of them, and my memories of a lot of them are vague.   
I thought I'd try to see if any of you have a clue to what I'm talking about. 
Some of these might be homebrew, I would have no way of knowing.   I was a wide eyed kid who just found out computers can play games. ;)

1. Your like an archer killing enemies in a forest before they touched you. it was an early 3rd person style. (I feel like with what I recall of the graphics it would have to have been an 80's game, or at least a very early 90s.) and the final boss would be when it's night and everything is darker.  He/It was big and invisible, , you would have to search around and you could only see him in the lightning flash?  It didn't take long to play through.

2. I honestly only remember the first part of this one.  Or maybe it was just one level?  It was co-op, you had to escape a house by going into a secret passage in the floor.  One player had to get to the too of the screen and keep activating an object that made money fall down to the ground to distract the guard while the other escaped through the passage?  I don't think we ever got past it because my friend always stopped using the money maker object and let the guard come kill me before I made it through. >:(

3. I'm pretty sure this was a G.I. Joe game, but I can't find which one.  It was top-down view.  Each level was a single screen.

Sorry, that's all I can remember.
Can you identify the consoles or if it was PC? or the arcade even. If you can't get any luck from here (as it's a very specific niche skill that may be lacking here) Reddit would be a good place to ask.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 02:12:45 am by dreama1 »

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 10:00:36 pm »
All three were on a PC.

I just found the first one when I googled "1980's Archer in the woods game" on image search.   

Forbidden Forest.

Still no luck finding the other 2 :(

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 11:14:46 pm »
There is an entire subreddit dedicated to answering questions like this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmyjoystick/