Author Topic: What Do You Think Makes A Good And Fun Video Game?  (Read 714 times)

What Do You Think Makes A Good And Fun Video Game?
« on: April 16, 2020, 02:37:58 pm »
Here is my list for what I think makes a good video game a fun video game

what makes a game good in Your opinion?

1: A game with responsive controls
2: A game with more checkpoints
3: A game that is lets you make a few mistakes without costing you the entire game in the process
4: A game that does not require twitch reflexes on the easiest setting
5: A game that is engaging rather then plain frustrating
6: A game that has a well balanced difficulty
7: A game that has an easy beginner setting
8: A game that has many different ways of playing

updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

Re: What Do You Think Makes A Good And Fun Video Game?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 04:52:24 pm »
1. Responsive controls-It kind of helps if the story and world are interesting that I could perhaps deal with jank.
2. Good gameplay-Doesnt feel overly repetitive and not make it obvious that the game id padding in some form.
3. Engaging story-Depends on the game but if you are trying to drive a narrative, keep interesting.
4. Balanced difficulty-Somewhere in the middle in terms of being fair and challenging. Unless its Souls game, I can deal with that without ripping myself apart for the most part.
5. Music-You could be the most godawful thing but I can give you respect if you have some good tunes. I love music and video game music is essential to me and makes a difference between a game being something I like to something I will remember for years.

Re: What Do You Think Makes A Good And Fun Video Game?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 03:52:06 pm »
Really depends on the type of game. From an RPG I expect a good story, great characters, and gameplay that is fun and engaging. From a fighting game I expect good controls and balanced mechanics.