Author Topic: Wish List Estimated Value  (Read 1594 times)

Wish List Estimated Value
« on: April 28, 2020, 02:55:10 pm »
Hi, not sure if this is the correct board for this.  Is there a way to view the total VGPC value of each console's wish list ?  I would like to use this info when I budget my game collection and how much I have left to collect for. 

Thanks

Re: Wish List Estimated Value
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 10:59:41 am »
I don't believe there is, and unless you plan on buying the entirety of your wish list in the next 3 or so months, I doubt it would help you. Prices change all the time. I cannot tell you how many times I've waited on a game becuase 'it's cheap, I'll get it later'- and then it isn't anymore. Solatorobo is the big one off the top of my head- MONTHS I saw that sittin' around $25-30, waiting to see if it dropped below $20. Then it was gone. Then it was decidedly NOT $30 anymore.

Similarly, you never know when a deal's gonna come smack you in the face either. I was once at a game store doing a big clearance- let's get rid of ALL games older than PS2 (This was awhile ago), $5 bucks each, we don't care. You know what I found with the stack of disc-only PS1 games? Suikoden 2. I wouldn't let go of it at the counter so they couldn't change their minds, I just held it out to be scanned. I've watched the prices of Final Fantasy 7 and Disgaea bounce up and down like a basketball.

I'd probably just focus on how much a month you can comfortably devote to games, and price titles in small groups as you prepare to buy them. You'll be better equipped for price changes, or just changing interest in a title.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 03:15:12 pm »
You can make an account at gamevaluenow and create your wishlist there. It will give you an approximation of the value based on ebay sold. It's not perfect but gives you a ballpark estimate. And as hoshichiri states, the prices can fluctuate tremendously so it's really only helpful to keep you organized and perhaps focused on certain titles that you may believe will spike faster than others. Especially with the shutdown, game prices across the board are spiking.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 08:58:21 pm »
I know, I am a huge fan of OG Xbox and was holding off on some of the rarer titles, but watching the VGPC occasionally I have started to see the prices shoot up.  Thanks for the tip on gamevalue now, I will have to check that out.