Author Topic: Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed  (Read 1451 times)

kirbysuperstar

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
« on: May 01, 2012, 01:41:45 am »
Sega have announced Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, and PC (digital) for release in late 2012. As the title suggests, the game has transforming vehicles that shift between different forms depending on the terrain (land, water or air).

Also both Vyse and Gilius Thunderhead are playable and there's a Panzer Dragoon level.

Don't ever leave me, Sega.

madmax

Re: Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:14:26 am »
Kind of reminds me of diddy kong racing with that description.

darko

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 09:22:12 am »
I have this game on the Wii and it's really not that fun. They tried pretty hard to emulate Mario Kart but it just doesn't have the same feel. The power ups aren't nearly as useful and the tracks are decent, but not on par with many of the courses on the various Mario Kart games.

It's not terrible by any means but it's also not a replacement.

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 08:53:27 pm »
I've got the PS3 version and I actually enjoyed it more than most every Mario Kart I've played. The lack of a blue-shell style item alone is to be commended.

Then again, I liked Crash Team Racing a lot more than Mario Kart as well.

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:19:24 pm »
I have this game on the Wii and it's really not that fun. They tried pretty hard to emulate Mario Kart but it just doesn't have the same feel. The power ups aren't nearly as useful and the tracks are decent, but not on par with many of the courses on the various Mario Kart games.

This game is out already?

darko

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 10:05:21 pm »
And the DS.

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 10:11:55 pm »

This game is out already?

Nah, he's talking about the previous game.

darko

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 10:35:52 pm »
Ahhhhhhh..... never mind :)