Author Topic: "So I bought a video game store.."  (Read 1871 times)

jcalder8

Re: "So I bought a video game store.."
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 09:48:33 pm »
It would be cool to buy a store but I don't think I would have spent that much on it. 3000 looks like too much for a bunch of common games unless there is something that I am missing.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:04:33 pm »
He paid just 3k for the lease/ownership of the store as well?  It's hard to tell, but he does say that there will be a grand opening, meaning that maybe he'll have a store in that location.

If that's how it is, $3000 doesn't seem like too much for that, a bit of inventory and all the glass cases and racks and stuff.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 10:08:04 pm »
Its not a bad deal at all...

soera

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »
If thats the same one, I was talking with the guy about buying it a while back. I would have had to move there but it would have put me a lot closer to my family (live in Tampa).

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 10:22:24 pm »
It would be cool to buy a store but I don't think I would have spent that much on it. 3000 looks like too much for a bunch of common games unless there is something that I am missing.

It's not just the games, he's seemingly getting ownership of the store and all the stuff in it, and he'll be reopening it sometime soon. 3000$ is a low amount for an initial investment (I did some research for that myself). He's probably gonna need to get more stock, but he at least has a good startup... I totally would have paid the 3000$ myself if I had been in that situation.

madmax

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 12:57:37 am »
He paid 3k for all of that?
I would have gladly put that money down. Even just for the inventory.

jcalder8

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 01:05:46 am »

It's not just the games, he's seemingly getting ownership of the store and all the stuff in it, and he'll be reopening it sometime soon. 3000$ is a low amount for an initial investment (I did some research for that myself). He's probably gonna need to get more stock, but he at least has a good startup... I totally would have paid the 3000$ myself if I had been in that situation.
Ok if it's for the whole store and lease then it's not as bad but if it's stock only I'm not impressed.

I hope that he has a massive collection to restock it all before he opens, even more importantly that he has a business plan