Author Topic: Do y'all have your digital games added to your collection list on this site?  (Read 5855 times)

Same here. And if I happen to get one for free on PSN Plus, I will nevertheless try finding them in the wild and, only then, add it to muy collection here...

Oh yeah, the whole plus/gold thing... those ones I actually don't list. I don't actively keep subscriptions going on my consoles. If I'm playing something that benefits from online, I'll renew. If I'm not, I let it lapse. So for me at least, the subscription games don't really count becuase I typically don't have access to them.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

I do,when I first set my account up I started to add digital games, then decided not to add anymore I still haven't removed the ones from that day but I plan to.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 07:03:43 pm by wartoy »

pzeke

I know what it means to “own” digital games in this day and age, but I bought them, so it seems logical for me to add them to my collection – the site gives you the option to, and it even tracks them separately, so. Besides, whenever I purchase any one of these type of games, I make sure to back them up at least twice, in a way kind of making them mine.

Regardless, I can see why some wouldn’t add them to their collection and fully respect that.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

dhaabi

For the longest time, I had many digital games added to my collection. But, at some point a few years ago, I realized most of the games I had added weren't ones I really cared about as they were gained from various bundles or free promotions, so I removed them. Next, I decided to remove every digital PC game whether it was paid for or not for various reasons, but largely because I don't find myself playing on PC. Then, just this week, I removed many more for the few consoles that are in my regular rotation which have digital storefronts. Again, some of those were free, but some weren't. Only a small number of digital items remain in my account collection—all for Playdate—and I may, in time, remove those too.

It's worth mentioning that I do have a spreadsheet for a majority of digital games I own. I don't feel any particular attachment to them, so having them clog up my account here is just bothersome. The same can be said for other types of items too, like certain paper materials and soundtracks. I also just removed the latter, since they're all cataloged elsewhere, with much more detail. Should I ever accrue a sizable video collection, I'm sure I'd remove those from here too as I'd probably export them to a different tracking site.

I do not.

I use this site on my phone when I'm out and about. If I need to look and see if I have something or not, it would be more tedious than it already is to weed through that many more games. I would say it would double my collection.

I use this site to track my disc games only, so none of my old cartridge based games or digital games are listed in my collection.

I'm still updating mine, but I probably won't bother adding digital games because I don't really own that many. I prefer to keep track of my physical games.

No, and I never will. This site for me is for my game collection, not my game libraries. I could make a case for adding the items from my GoG library and the DRM-fee stuff from my Steam library, since those I actually own, but I decided it' will only be for my physical games.

For the most part yes but I've been slacking for a year or so keeping it updated. Not to mention I have so many more digital games now from Epic Games Store and Prime Gaming that it's hard to catch up. I don't really understand why you wouldn't want to keep track of your digital libraries. I'm glad this site allows digital games to be tracked.

sworddude

Considering the option is there It makes sense for people to track it.

Personally though I wouldn't ever list my digital games unless it's something special which is pretty much non existent.

Generally though for the 99.99999% it's just worthless to me it's not collection worthy. even if it's permanent I just consider it something for the moment it doesn't feel like one owns something.
Your Stylish Sword Master!