Author Topic: An appeal to all members  (Read 2787 times)

jcalder8

Re: An appeal to all members
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 01:34:40 pm »
To add to this post, for me it's just as important to have the items listed as it is to have them fully filled out and correctly labeled. If the site has misinformation then it could be very detrimental to the site over time.

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 11:53:41 pm »
I don't know if this goes against whatever the plan going forward is, but if you need someone to handle Japanese Sega releases I can definitely do that. I own this book which have full lists (up to date of publication, which was 2002) of every game released in Japan on at least the Master System/Mark III, Mega Drive, Saturn and Dreamcast. It gives the title, genre, and release date, so that's something to start with. It doesn't list variations (so there's just a general "Sakura Taisen" release date, not Sakura Taisen, Sakura Taisen LE Box A, Sakura Taisen LE Box B, etc) but I thought it'd be better than nothing.

If you want  me to go ahead just let me know and I can get started once I've added most of my own games to the site, so realistically I can get going in a couple of weeks if you want.

foxhack

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 12:01:39 am »
I don't know if this goes against whatever the plan going forward is, but if you need someone to handle Japanese Sega releases I can definitely do that. I own this book which have full lists (up to date of publication, which was 2002) of every game released in Japan on at least the Master System/Mark III, Mega Drive, Saturn and Dreamcast. It gives the title, genre, and release date, so that's something to start with. It doesn't list variations (so there's just a general "Sakura Taisen" release date, not Sakura Taisen, Sakura Taisen LE Box A, Sakura Taisen LE Box B, etc) but I thought it'd be better than nothing.

If you want  me to go ahead just let me know and I can get started once I've added most of my own games to the site, so realistically I can get going in a couple of weeks if you want.
Back when I was still working at MobyGames, I used this site (among others, but I've misplaced the links) to grab release data for games as well as Japanese spelling for titles. It was used by other game databases, like VGRebirth. It was pretty accurate as far as everyone was concerned.

Also, here's the info on the Sakura Taisen boxsets. ;)

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 12:17:30 am »
I was just using Sakura Taisen to illustrate the fact that the book only contains data about the release of games rather than individual variants, but thank you for the (very useful) links! ;D

As I said, if you want someone to be responsible for Japanese Sega I'm more than happy to get going as soon as my collection page doesn't look quite so anaemic.

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 01:07:39 pm »
Thanks much for the more welcome guys!

I was a bit absent in this thread because I already said what I wanted regarding the subject and these days I am pretty busy. I promise I'll soon be helping much more but at the moment I am trying to solve a dilemma about which I'll likely post soon.

Also I am pretty happy about the way you guys handled my complaint. Most of people would tell me to get the hell out, but you lot are really nice and listening people. Actually my complaint made some of you care even more, that's the great success!

I am now really happy I found this community.