Author Topic: Unable to identify game need help  (Read 1216 times)

Unable to identify game need help
« on: October 25, 2012, 06:43:05 pm »
I have a Sega Gensis Sailor moon game. It does not say ma ba or the year anywhere on the game or the label, it is not region locked, and is has two small stickers on the back. the artwork on the cart is similar to the artwork on the japanese version but is not the same, the graphic takes up the whole lable, and there is no year or company name on the cart. one of the stickers on the back say RC, the other one says 897.00 and what looks like a handwritten serial number on it.

How many games do I need? As many as I can get...

jcalder8

Re: Unable to identify game need help
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 06:45:02 pm »
It sounds like it is just a pirate if the game is the same the Japanese version

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 06:48:56 pm »
It is not the same as the Japanese version. It is not a megadrive cart, it is a Genesis cart, and it is not the Japanese MaBa version of the game.

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 06:54:37 pm »
It is not the same as the Japanese version. It is not a megadrive cart, it is a Genesis cart, and it is not the Japanese MaBa version of the game.
What does the title screen say?

godnightshade

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 07:56:41 pm »
Pics?

tpugmire

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 09:20:07 am »
The handwritten serial number sounds like it could be some kind of prototype cart.  Or maybe some kind of weird bootleg/pirate...
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 07:36:03 pm »
will post pics and screen shots tomorrow. have been really busy, then had to deal with the crazy hurricane warnings. spent a couple of days dealing with crazy rolling blackouts here.

but really hoping someone can help me identify the game.