Author Topic: How to specify if an item in your collection is complete?  (Read 1248 times)

How to specify if an item in your collection is complete?
« on: June 12, 2011, 03:04:58 am »
I definitely write 'complete' in the notes, but is there a better way to specify this? I can't simply just check all four boxes and assume it's complete because I may only have one inset or I may be missing an included memory card for example. Typing in the notes works well, so I'm mostly just throwing the idea out there.

matt

Re: How to specify if an item in your collection is complete?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 11:00:18 am »
I use the notes section as well. I struggled with this while designing the site because i would love to track every single item but the facts are that there would need to be a billion options. For now just use notes but if a game has some unique pack ons, feel free to edit the game and add that info into the description field so others are aware of everything.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 01:22:19 am »
I like the idea of writing everything in the description, and if sometime in the future there are there are unique check boxes for a game, then would be more than I was expecting. What I was getting at was maybe including a check box titled "complete," or any better (simple) idea. The only problem with this is that you don't see the check boxes when browsing your collection, so I would still type complete in the notes so I don't have to click each time to find out.

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 12:22:15 am »
How about the background of the image (Or a thin border?) is red if the game is unplayed, orange if being played and green when finished?  Or alternatively maybe grey out the image and have full colour when it is complete?  I like the idea of being able to see quickly which games I have finished and which I haven't.

[EDIT] Actually I just realised that you probably mean 'complete' as in you have all the game, manuals and associated stuff as opposed to having completed the game?

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 10:25:31 pm »
How about the background of the image (Or a thin border?) is red if the game is unplayed, orange if being played and green when finished?  Or alternatively maybe grey out the image and have full colour when it is complete?  I like the idea of being able to see quickly which games I have finished and which I haven't.

Might be getting OT, but I like the idea of visually denoting whether an item is part of a backlog or whatnot.  May be useful for friends/other users to know how often a title is played through completely or shelved partway (or not played at all).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas