Author Topic: wow...  (Read 2679 times)

htimreimer

Re: wow...
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 07:44:02 pm »
one of the biggest problems with video game collectors market as of now is that there's no structure to it, with out structure we get complete bullsh!t like pc games getting undervalued and console games getting overvalued, with out structure we get stuff like what happened in this craigslist post, now how do we fix the lack of structure in the market, well i cant answer that because every collectors market is different but i do know that structure is a problem and we need to find a solution before market collapses

jcalder8

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 08:53:12 pm »
I love the fact that he left the ad up after he has decided to sell on ebay. The whole thing reeks of BS

pacpix

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 09:27:54 pm »
Thats the world we live in. Expecting to get a couple hundred dollars for something ... get an offer for a couple thousand ... immediately expect 4-5 thousand. Reminds me of some woman I saw on pawn stars once. Brought in a piece of jewelery. She thought it was worth a couple hundred dollars. Rick told her what it was and how much it was worth then she refused to take any less than what he said.
Yeah I remember that episode.  Pissed me off, Rick gave her thousands more than what she was asking for it just to be nice and then she tried to get more money out of him!

Didn't see that particular episiode, myself; but why get pissed about that? The guy makes a living off of ripping people off. I wouldn't feel sorry if it happened to him for once.

She wanted 2,000 for a spider brooch and he said he would give her 15,000.  While it may have been staged, it seems to me like he was doing something nice and she tried to take advantage of him and take more money.  That is what pissed me off.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

sin2beta

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 09:27:58 pm »
I love the fact that he left the ad up after he has decided to sell on ebay. The whole thing reeks of BS

In his defense, when I sold a car on ebay years ago, it had massive problems deleting. I had to modify the post to say that it was sold.

But it could be fake as well... who knows.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 12:43:52 am »
I highly doubt it was fake. why would he put that much time into something and for what? to get a few people excited? I don't think so
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

ffxik

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 04:15:48 am »
It seems to me that the fool obviously doesn't have any idea what he's doing.  His ebay prices will undoubtedly be as high as they can get.  Which means they will more than likely sit there not moving.  The ad it's self seems legit.  Has a good number of common games with the rare.  The idiot buyers that sent the offers screwed themselves over. 

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 04:41:13 am »
It seems to me that the fool obviously doesn't have any idea what he's doing.  His ebay prices will undoubtedly be as high as they can get.  Which means they will more than likely sit there not moving.  The ad it's self seems legit.  Has a good number of common games with the rare.  The idiot buyers that sent the offers screwed themselves over.

Agreed. People never look at the sold listings on ebay only the buy it nows. and they don't think about the fees and them sitting on the damn things for months(relisting spending money on the listing) wanting that buy it now price.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

blipcs76

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2013, 10:28:58 am »

Agreed. People never look at the sold listings on ebay only the buy it nows. and they don't think about the fees and them sitting on the damn things for months(relisting spending money on the listing) wanting that buy it now price.

They're simply greedy.  I've ran into stuff at garage sales, like a loose ROB and some Sega CD stuff.  They said they looked up the price on eBay, or it was obvious they had since every Sega CD game was priced differently.

They're too blinded by greed to realize that BIN prices on eBay are inflated, and they don't browse sold listings to see what they're actually selling for.  Why would you think that an item that's sitting there, available on eBay and being browsed by people specifically looking for it, would sell for that price at a garage sale?  So in what world would average joe people came across that ROB at that random garage sale and pay eBay BIN price for it?