Author Topic: Moon Crystal  (Read 1841 times)

foxhack

Re: Moon Crystal
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 08:05:49 pm »
Oh okay, the way he was talking about it I thought he meant an actual prototype... That would have been quite the find :P
Wait. THAT is fine. Some of us do own proto games and would like to brag about them. :P

Repro carts should never be classified as anything other than that.

scott

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 09:47:29 pm »
I think Repro carts need, either their own listing as a release type, or a something to designate them away from official releases.

Personally, I don't think Repros, Rom Hacks, Pirates or anything not released on a legit, commercial basis should be listed. Of course other folks might not agree.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 11:28:22 pm »
I think it depends on the level of release. I have a few repros in my collection (Dragon Quest caravan heart and Ys IV) but it was something that was sold by a repro maker in a bigger type of set up. If its a hack or something that you did yourself and no others are out there, it would be kind of silly to include it.

foxhack

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 12:30:42 am »
I think it depends on the level of release. I have a few repros in my collection (Dragon Quest caravan heart and Ys IV) but it was something that was sold by a repro maker in a bigger type of set up. If its a hack or something that you did yourself and no others are out there, it would be kind of silly to include it.
Repros are still glorified pirate carts.

Unless they're actual homebrew games, that's all they are. Repros are fine to include here, but they should have their separate place so they're not mixed in with normal, legit releases.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:58:51 am by foxhack »