Author Topic: Small bug I noticed with the android app  (Read 922 times)

Small bug I noticed with the android app
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:24:58 pm »
When you select "cart/disc, manual, other inserts, other inserts" when adding a game to the collection, or after hitting the "edit" button — in your game list on the associated app, each game will then display "None" under the title, which is kind of annoying. I wouldn't say it is a deal breaker for most, but I guess I'm just anal (as a developer myself).

matt

Re: Small bug I noticed with the android app
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 03:38:49 pm »
When you select "cart/disc, manual, other inserts, other inserts" when adding a game to the collection, or after hitting the "edit" button — in your game list on the associated app, each game will then display "None" under the title, which is kind of annoying. I wouldn't say it is a deal breaker for most, but I guess I'm just anal (as a developer myself).

Do you happen to be an Android developer? I only ask because I've not had time to support the app and am looking to open source it. :)

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 08:50:16 pm »
I am primarily a front-end developer / designer with traditional graphic design experience — and manage projects like this but usually leave the heavy-lifting back-end work to people who specialize in that.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 09:00:49 pm »
The one thing I did notice is that if you "edit" the game in your collection and delete "none" and save it — it still replaces the blank text field with the default "none" but then in the android app, the word "none" no longer appears under the game title on the list view.

matt

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 11:32:35 pm »
The one thing I did notice is that if you "edit" the game in your collection and delete "none" and save it — it still replaces the blank text field with the default "none" but then in the android app, the word "none" no longer appears under the game title on the list view.

I actually found the source code for the app today...I thought it was long gone. Prepping it for open source so hopefully we can get some updates rolling out soon.

scott

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 09:41:44 am »
Nice!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 04:47:21 pm »

I actually found the source code for the app today...I thought it was long gone. Prepping it for open source so hopefully we can get some updates rolling out soon.

/cheer

scott

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 04:50:03 pm »
Yay <3 the Android app. I still use it occassionally, even if it crashes sometimes.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 01:04:20 am »
Yay <3 the Android app. I still use it occassionally, even if it crashes sometimes everytime.

fixed