Author Topic: A crazy what if...  (Read 1021 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

A crazy what if...
« on: October 19, 2013, 09:58:47 am »
I'm bored, so let's play a game.
For some insane reason (zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, natural disaster, your mom kicked you out, etc.) you have to drastically cut you're collection down. Tell me a story of why you had to and what you kept.  I'll start.

Today was like any other day. I woke up ate a bowl of captain crunch, and headed to play a little Darkwing Duck in My Last Corner of the World. When all of the sudden, the world shook. There was a loud BOOM! The roof of my house was torn off one handed by this giant iguana. The Terrible Dibu Dabu had come down off the mountain to demand tribute!

What does it take to appease a monster of this magnitude?  Games. Shit, I have to give him games or he will destroy the village. So, I toss him Pac-man on the 2600. He's having none of it. Then I give my entire 2600 collection. Still, he is not impressed. I must make a true sacrifice to satisfy this monster.

I pile everything for him and keep only what is dear to me.
I keep:
NES I got the Christmas of 1987
PlayChoice-10
SNES
Contra and Super C
Mega Man 2 3
 SMB 123
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Super Punch-Out!!
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Turtles in Time
Super Mario World + Super Mario Allstars

Oh and my modded Wii so I can still play everything!

foxhack

Re: A crazy what if...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 09:16:12 pm »
I throw him my computer.

I can log into Steam later and get most of my games back. XD

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 11:28:59 pm »
I was sitting at home posting on vgcollect when there was a knock at the door.

I walk over to the door and open it. "Hello?" I say.
"Have you heard the good news?" Chant the gang of Moron Jehovah Nuns
"SHIT! I knew this day would come. If this is where it must take place then so be it."
"The time is now" The 37.5, one woman was pregnant, members of the gang chant in unison
I nod and start to strip naked as is their custom.

At this point Chuck Norris, who jumped out of a plane, breaks his fall killing 5.5 gang members.

"Chuck FUCKING Norris?" The remaining 32 members chant. He does not respond but simply pulls back to unleash a killing blow.

Just then Oprah jumps over the fence. "NORRIS! YOU BASTARD! I WILL RIP OUT YOUR HEART AND EAT IT!"

"No you won't" He responds and rips his own heart out and stomps it.

I have to admit I am a little surprised at this point. "I didn't see this coming" "No shit" chant the gang members.

Then things start getting weird so you probably wouldn't believe me so I will jump to the end..... and then I pointed Jesus, Santa Claus and Jeffrey Dahmer towards theflea and I got to keep everything.

pacpix

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 12:21:49 am »
wat
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

htimreimer

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 04:09:34 pm »
WHAT.. THE.. Fu@k JCALDER8

jcalder8

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 04:34:24 pm »
WHAT.. THE.. Fu@k JCALDER8
I know! Pretty crazy night!

sin2beta

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 08:59:16 pm »
... and then I pointed Jesus, Santa Claus and Jeffrey Dahmer towards theflea and I got to keep everything.

That was pretty clever.

I'm running down an alley, all alone. All alone yet completely surrounded. Dog carcass in the alley. It was left completely alone except for the tire tread across the stomach. Nothing cares. There is much more interest in the dozens of human bodies strewn about. Hundreds dead in the street. Thousands in the city.

I could be the last one alive. At the very least, the last we would call human. Things have changed since Mike Cerny let loose the virus.

I can hear the drones coming. The walking dead.

No one knows why he did this. Some say he went crazy. Some say he is evil. But I know the truth, he is merely bored. For two decades his mind has been filled with bland landscapes from Spyro, Kill Zone, God of War and the like. He will not be appeased until he gets what was once his. He wants Kid Chameleon. He wants Sonic 2. He wants the Sega he used to know. The Sega he used to be a part of.

I trek through this madness with every SEGA game I own. Enough to appease him... I hope. There is one title that I can't let go. One title worth the apocalypse. Hidden away is my copy of SegaGaGa.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

jcalder8

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 10:28:19 pm »
Thanks sin2beta, I was afraid that I had finished the thread before it got started lol

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 06:03:02 am »
Firstly....

Then things start getting weird

So only just then right~?!

Secondly:

Ouch....  This is a painful topic because it is literally happening to me as we speak and my story sucks....  Real life bums me out....  I wish it was cause my house caught fire from mutated fireflies or something instead, lol....  But is it cheating to tell what ACTUALLY happened~?  Cause I sold off every system that was a variation of one that I could already play a certain game type on, plus most accessories I don't use and all my strategy guides....  I ended up selling all my duplicate games even the variant versions and most multipats....  I still have some CIB SNES and N64 that will be going soon too....  I have some broken systems I'm also fixing and selling like a Halo Reach Xbox 360 Slim CE that I just fixed today....  I have sold all my random memorabilia minus some figure sets (Suikoden, Maximo, Final Fantasy, Tenchu, Kingdom Hearts, etc), but I only kept complete sets....  My Tekken Kotobukiya ones don't count though since that set hasn't been fully released yet....  I kept my Club Nintendo stature and my Welcome to Raccoon City street sign....  I think that is all that I can recall at this moment....  OH!  I have a small collection of arcade cabinet title signs ripped off old machines (most of which I acquired when I work at Namco off of broken cabinets) like Samurai Shodown and Legend of Kage and what not....  Those are really cool....
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:06:03 am by teck »

theflea

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 09:37:02 pm »
Damn, Just had Jesus, Santa Claus & Jeffery Dahmar at my door. They wanted my games saying they need one of them to save the world or something like that. I Told Santa that he was so sweet, then Dahmar started to try and eat Santa. When the Chuck Norris dropped out of the sky and smashed Dahmar into the ground.
He said something about now that he was heartless he could see who had the true game that could save all humanity and they must go before Oprah wakes from her slumber again.
Just then Santa turned into a Zombie from the bite and attacked jesus, Jesus said he was already a zombie then pulled out a double barreled sawed off shotgun and blew Santa's head off.
While I was brushing off pieces of Santa's brain, I heard Jesus tell Norris he would join him on his quest, Then  I heard "I'm going too" and Abe Lincoln showed up holding a huge machete sword. Then Chuck said "To the gamer called Sorea" then grabbed both Jesus and Abe and they flew off into the sky.

What the hell just happened??   
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:42:01 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"