Author Topic: Add more than 1 game at a time?  (Read 1010 times)

Add more than 1 game at a time?
« on: January 11, 2014, 10:33:09 pm »
Sorry kind of new here and I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I don't see any way to add more than 1 game at a time. If there is a way to do this, then I'm completely not seeing it. I may just be nitpicking, but it'd be a lot faster to upload new collections this way.

karyann

Re: Add more than 1 game at a time?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 10:46:57 pm »
Hi, and welcome to the site!

If you want to add many games that share a common element in their title, you can search for that common element (for example: Pokemon), then in the list of results, check the boxes at the right of every game you want to add. Buttons will appear at the bottom of the page, which you can click to add to your collection. I hope that helps!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 10:47:04 pm »
When you do a search, if you check the boxes next to the items, you can add more than one at a time.

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 12:18:44 am »
Oh ok, thanks guys! I was just using the "submit new item" button.

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 01:04:15 am »
This button actually creates a whole new entry in the database.  Only use this if you cannot find your game by searching or using the browse feature.

Edit: Also if you can remember which items you added, posting the links here would be very helpful so the mods can delete them.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:07:24 am by pacpix »
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 11:56:45 am »
This button actually creates a whole new entry in the database.  Only use this if you cannot find your game by searching or using the browse feature.

Edit: Also if you can remember which items you added, posting the links here would be very helpful so the mods can delete them.

I didn't use the option to submit after a search with "submit new item." Below the submit button were list of games with the same name already in the database. I just clicked on those, then choose to add to collection that way. I did not actually submit any new item to the database.

Thanks for the heads up though.

matt

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 01:09:59 pm »
Sounds like you got it under control. Let us know if you need anything else and welcome to the site!

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 11:26:05 pm »
Thanks!

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 12:56:17 am »
NEWBIES UNITE!
Edit: my status just changed to junior member right as i posted this comment before I redited.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 12:59:03 am by stuntman64 »
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー