Author Topic: What all game genres do you enjoy playing and how would you order them?  (Read 2729 times)

sin2beta

Re: What all game genres do you enjoy playing and how would you order them?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 03:15:20 pm »
The best sports games are ones that don't actually emulate the sport very well lol NBA Jam, NFL Blitz...uhh...probably the Mario and Mega Man soccer games.  Mario generally had fun takes on sports stuff.
They may not add much each year, but sports games are fun. I like NCAA Football, NBA 2K, and Tiger Woods. They're fun.

I like sports games too.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 10:05:41 pm »
LIKE:

Arcade
Puzzle
Racing
Sports
Simulation
Strategy
Adventure (text based or graphical ala Lucasarts style)

DON'T LIKE

FPS
RPG
Platformers
3D Action/Hack & Slash/Beat em ups
Music Games

Oh and the sports game bashing thing is sooooooo tiresome. Millions upon millions are sold every year so they are popular or everyone wouldn't parrot the same tired cliche of lamenting that they find so many of them in thrift stores.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:13:29 pm by atarileaf »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 10:25:34 pm »
I don't like sports games, either. But I don't like sports in general. So for me to play a sports game would be akin to any of us playing Barbie Explorer. I do enjoy a good boxing game, wrestling game, Arcade-y Racer, or Tony Hawk game, though. Just not the traditional sports games like football, baseball, or basketball.

htimreimer

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 11:59:50 pm »
here is my top 5

like:
(5) racing games
(4) RPG games
(3) strategy
(2) 3D platformer games
(1) point and click adventure games

dislike
(5) fighting games
(4) flight simulators
(3) hidden object games
(2) sports games
(1) rhythm games

Warmsignal

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 05:02:35 am »
LIKE:

Arcade
Puzzle
Racing
Sports
Simulation
Strategy
Adventure (text based or graphical ala Lucasarts style)

DON'T LIKE

FPS
RPG
Platformers
3D Action/Hack & Slash/Beat em ups
Music Games

Oh and the sports game bashing thing is sooooooo tiresome. Millions upon millions are sold every year so they are popular or everyone wouldn't parrot the same tired cliche of lamenting that they find so many of them in thrift stores.

You don't happen to also greet people by saying goodbye, and depart with a enthusiastic hello? Because we are polar opposites.

Thread wasn't intended to bash genres. Actually, if people read what I posted. I said just exclude genres you don't like, and order ones you do in most favorite to least. Least favorite is not the same as most hated, or never played.

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 07:14:31 am »

You don't happen to also greet people by saying goodbye, and depart with a enthusiastic hello? Because we are polar opposites.

LOL I'm definitely the opposite of most here. Probably because I'm older than most here and grew up with the systems of the 70's and 80's and the genre's they introduced. I started getting out of console gaming in the mid-90's specifically because I didn't care for the new style of game being introduced and although I do own and enjoy games on the newer consoles, they're very selective and certainly not the ones that most people today enjoy. I don't own any super mario, zelda, COD, or anything that other's consider must haves.

Thread wasn't intended to bash genres.

I'm sure you didn't but it seems to happen regardless. Tis the nature of man ;)

Warmsignal

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 06:26:16 pm »

LOL I'm definitely the opposite of most here. Probably because I'm older than most here and grew up with the systems of the 70's and 80's and the genre's they introduced. I started getting out of console gaming in the mid-90's specifically because I didn't care for the new style of game being introduced and although I do own and enjoy games on the newer consoles, they're very selective and certainly not the ones that most people today enjoy. I don't own any super mario, zelda, COD, or anything that other's consider must haves.

Aha. You started to get out of it when I started to get into it, pretty much. For me, games have always been about unrealistic fantasy worlds. That's just the kind of content I love to play. Never was a big fan of things that simulate actuality.

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 06:44:40 pm »
1. 3D action/adventure
2. Fighting
3. SHMUPs
4. RPGs
5. 3D platformers
6. Puzzle
7. 2D Action/Adventure
8. 2D Platformers
9. Racing
10. FPS