Author Topic: Copy information from one region to another  (Read 502 times)

Copy information from one region to another
« on: April 15, 2014, 01:56:41 pm »
Hello,

Is there, or will there be an option to copy a game/ the game information from one region to another?

For instance:
I live in the EU and want to add The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition.
That version is not listed in the EU region yet, but it is in the NA region.
It would be a nice feature to copy the entire game to the EU region and only edit the necessary fields (like rating).

Greetings,
Essevee21

foxhack

Re: Copy information from one region to another
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 02:35:35 pm »
Release dates, cover art, ratings, titles and even the media it's distributed in (CD vs DVD vs code on a sheet of paper) are usually different between regions.

Fixing all of that information would be more trouble than just entering a new entry with the minimal information needed for one (Game title and platform.) So um, we probably won't add such a feature. Sorry. ^^;

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 03:27:16 pm »
Open up notepad and copy/paste your stuff over?
There shouldn't be that much you'd really want to copy over anyways, other than genre, title and maybe box text if its the same language. Box art, images, barcodes, item number, rating, and (traditionally) release dates will always be different from one region to the next. In some cases even the title is different names. If there was a tool for duplicating I hope only admins would have it because I just know some folks will go crazy (like myself, lol) and convert all kinds of stuff from NA to EU without thinking and create a mess of inaccuracies.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:30:32 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:24:48 am »
Ok, Thanks for the fast reply.