Author Topic: Notification on accepted new entries  (Read 993 times)

Notification on accepted new entries
« on: September 06, 2014, 02:48:40 am »
Hello everyone. Sorry for my broken english. It's been a while.

I'm going through my collection and also add some of the games that are missing in the database. As I have seen that people also add all kinds of gaming merchandise I added a Super Mario Memory Card Game youwere only able to purchase at the German Club Nintendo Star Catalogue. It's sorta rare and limited. But this item was deleted a few hours later.

First: I'm wondering why. There are a lot of other game related merchs in the database. So what's wrong with my item?

Second: Now I'm afraid that also games I added to the database were deleted. So my suggestion would be notifiactions if an admin accepted the game, item or edit - or if he didn't.

Third: So when I'm already at it, you should be able to search on your list.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: Notification on accepted new entries
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 03:23:10 am »
Its not deleted, you find it in other in your collection, or this link http://vgcollect.com/item/68061

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 03:49:30 am »
Okay, now I just look stupid. I had this item as a bookmark and hen I checked it (before posting this thread) it as gone. Allright, I'm sorry. Are there other things I added that got deleted? :/

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 08:29:39 am »
Nothing gets deleted, but you have a chance it gets merged if you bring in a existing item. People post them here: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,48.1305.html

And your memory game is better off under swag/toys.

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 09:56:33 am »
Okay, thank you very much! :)

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 12:48:45 pm »
Nothing gets deleted

Oh, a lot of stuff gets deleted. But I only delete that really don't belong here, like cell phone games or things that have absolutely nothing to do with gaming. :P

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 01:35:14 pm »
Then the questions stands, will you recieve a notice when a item gets deleted?

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 01:41:53 pm »
Then the questions stands, will you recieve a notice when a item gets deleted?

When I notice these items, I usually tell people via PM why the item isn't acceptable and that their item will be removed. So there's no automatic way of doing so.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 02:27:34 pm »
ok, thx Fox.