Author Topic: Nintendo Commits to 2015 Release Date for StarFox Wii U  (Read 1961 times)

Re: Nintendo Commits to 2015 Release Date for StarFox Wii U
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 12:05:24 pm »
I'd really like to see this launch in 2015, but I have too many doubts.  Bayonetta 2 took way longer than expected, same with Mario Kart 8, and Xenoblade Chronicles X has been pushed back until time time next year.  Given how little was shown of StarFox at E3 (you know, nothing), I have my doubts that it'll make a 2015 release. 

I'm still pissed that Fatal Frame isn't releasing outside of Japan, and still no information on Dragon Quest X.
Dragon Quest X is never gonna get localized, even with all of the interest for a U.S release for 4 years, and the release of the game on Wii, Wii U, PC, Android, 3DS, and a slim chance on PS4, all in Japan of course. SE just doesn't want to take any risks right now.

I think, if they do in fact port it to the PS4, that will be our best shot at it getting localized.  The risk would be lower due to the PS4's much larger install base.  BTW, anyone know any subscriber #'s for FFXIV, specifically on PS4?  That would be a good indicator.
Back in April, I heard the ps4 subscriber base hit 2 million people for FFXIV which makes it one of the biggest MMO bases on consoles at the moment and the numbers are probably even higher about 5 months later. From what I heard, the DQ X on PS4 was a idea they'd like to do, so there's some possibility of a port to PS4, and I'm hoping SE will take a chance and give us consumers a chance to play this game.

A big part of bringing over DQX is actually on Nintendo (obviously concerning the Nintendo versions), as they published several Dragon Quest games on the DS, and even handled it for Dragon Quest IX.  This is an issue that falls as much on Nintendo as Square-Enix. 

If Nintendo is going to still cling to the archaic idea of region-locking their consoles, then they should be publishing these games worldwide.  This is a company that is still too afraid to spend money or take risks--or build a damn game library.

maximo310

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 03:36:15 pm »
I'd really like to see this launch in 2015, but I have too many doubts.  Bayonetta 2 took way longer than expected, same with Mario Kart 8, and Xenoblade Chronicles X has been pushed back until time time next year.  Given how little was shown of StarFox at E3 (you know, nothing), I have my doubts that it'll make a 2015 release. 

I'm still pissed that Fatal Frame isn't releasing outside of Japan, and still no information on Dragon Quest X.
Dragon Quest X is never gonna get localized, even with all of the interest for a U.S release for 4 years, and the release of the game on Wii, Wii U, PC, Android, 3DS, and a slim chance on PS4, all in Japan of course. SE just doesn't want to take any risks right now.

I think, if they do in fact port it to the PS4, that will be our best shot at it getting localized.  The risk would be lower due to the PS4's much larger install base.  BTW, anyone know any subscriber #'s for FFXIV, specifically on PS4?  That would be a good indicator.
Back in April, I heard the ps4 subscriber base hit 2 million people for FFXIV which makes it one of the biggest MMO bases on consoles at the moment and the numbers are probably even higher about 5 months later. From what I heard, the DQ X on PS4 was a idea they'd like to do, so there's some possibility of a port to PS4, and I'm hoping SE will take a chance and give us consumers a chance to play this game.

A big part of bringing over DQX is actually on Nintendo (obviously concerning the Nintendo versions), as they published several Dragon Quest games on the DS, and even handled it for Dragon Quest IX.  This is an issue that falls as much on Nintendo as Square-Enix. 

If Nintendo is going to still cling to the archaic idea of region-locking their consoles, then they should be publishing these games worldwide.  This is a company that is still too afraid to spend money or take risks--or build a damn game library.
Oh yeah, if it weren't for nintendo, we wouldn't have seen those ds dq remakes or side games released in other countries besides Japan since se hasn' really been caring too much about the series releases on consoles, and prefers to stick to remakes for the mobile devices, as they're currently planning a dq I-III remake for worldwide audiences for mobile phones, with a new translation.  I would be glad to have Nintendo spend some money to help promote the series across the world because they really need to keep pushing more games for their current consoles to keep competitive in the current console market worldwide.

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 09:43:47 am »

Oh yeah, if it weren't for nintendo, we wouldn't have seen those ds dq remakes or side games released in other countries besides Japan since se hasn' really been caring too much about the series releases on consoles, and prefers to stick to remakes for the mobile devices, as they're currently planning a dq I-III remake for worldwide audiences for mobile phones, with a new translation.  I would be glad to have Nintendo spend some money to help promote the series across the world because they really need to keep pushing more games for their current consoles to keep competitive in the current console market worldwide.

What's really annoying about it was a tweet from Reggie where he said he wanted to see more Dragon Quest games, when he's one of the people responsible for getting them released over here!