Author Topic: Thanks, but I think I'll pass...  (Read 2780 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Thanks, but I think I'll pass...
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 03:47:39 am »
I'm thinking I am going to have them each painted by an artist in the theme of Scott Pilgrim. Each one will be a different one of his x's and together they will be my 7 Evil Xboxes.

Hahah oh damn I love this! If you do it, please post pictures, I love Scott Pilgrim  ;D

My wife wishes you guys and gals would stop enabling me!

But she's got an insanely huge book collection I say nothing about so it's all good!

Argyle, if you happen to find out what number those other 2 games are let me know. It's on the side of the box. If I am missing them and he doesn't want more than 3-$5 for them I might be interested.

Missed this earlier, but I'll do it. I may just grab them regardless if they're in that price range, because I imagine someone here will want them.

Tomorrow I can tell you exactly which ones I have. :)

karyann

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 09:45:59 am »
I saw two Nintendo 64 at the thriftstore the other day, priced $7 each, but they were system-only: no controller, no power cord, no image cable. And of course, not knowing if they work or not.  :-\ So I passed. If I had more spare money, I might have gotten them just to fiddle around, but I decided that it wasn't worth the risk. Was I right?

And yes, I verified that both didn't have an expanson pak  :P

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 11:38:36 am »
I saw two Nintendo 64 at the thriftstore the other day, priced $7 each, but they were system-only: no controller, no power cord, no image cable. And of course, not knowing if they work or not.  :-\ So I passed. If I had more spare money, I might have gotten them just to fiddle around, but I decided that it wasn't worth the risk. Was I right?

Probably.  7 isn't super bad, I might've grabbed at least one of them for the heck of it based on which one might've looked the nicest.  I mean, as long as they were only the default grey ones and not the colored systems lol I've seen PS2's and PS1's show up alot for between 5 to 10 bucks at the thrift shops and mostly just pass on them because I don't need to fill up the place with extra systems. 

thekosmickollector

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 05:30:23 pm »
Something I saw recently in a charity shop which kinda made me sad, they were selling a bunch of big-box PC games, without the boxes, rather the jewel cases and manuals in a small zip-loc bag. Didn't look to see how much they were going for since they weren't particularly games I needed or anything but if they were in a box they'd have been nice to own.

karyann

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 10:44:29 pm »

Probably.  7 isn't super bad, I might've grabbed at least one of them for the heck of it based on which one might've looked the nicest.  I mean, as long as they were only the default grey ones and not the colored systems lol I've seen PS2's and PS1's show up alot for between 5 to 10 bucks at the thrift shops and mostly just pass on them because I don't need to fill up the place with extra systems.
Haha yeah if they were Funtastic colors, I'd totally have grabbed both. Even a non-working system would have been worth it, if just for case-swapping :P