Author Topic: Lego "Insert Movies Here" Games  (Read 3745 times)

jcalder8

Lego "Insert Movies Here" Games
« on: March 20, 2012, 11:12:51 pm »
My wife is pretty much obsessed with these so I have played through most of them. Our favorite thus far has been the Harry Potter ones but we are both fans of the movies so I think that helps. Personally I think you really need a second player to be able to get the most out of the games. I have tried playing on my own before and I did not find it as much fun and having to rely on the CPU for assistance really hurts the experience. I do find that the games get rather repetitive after awhile but that could just be the fact that I can get bored quickly. I wanted to like the first Batman and I have hope for the second but I found that I had a hard time getting into it.

So for those of you who have played them what has your favorite been?

pacpix

Re: Lego "Insert Movies Here" Games
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 11:29:28 pm »
I have only played the Star wars games (not including clone wars) and the first Indiana Jones.  I really did not like the Indiana Jones game at all, but the Star Wars ones were pretty good. 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

amauriel

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:48:40 pm »
The first Lego Indiana Jones is the only game on the 360 that I have 100% achievements on. I love Indiana Jones so I really enjoyed the game. Also liked the Star Wars ones a lot, but I haven't played any of the others. And I know this sounds weird, but you mentioned that your wife likes them, and I like them, and almost every couple I've talked to that has played them, it's the wife that wants them or loved them.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 12:14:49 am »
My wife wishes that she could play more games but she has a hard time controlling the camera and the character at the same time so that's one thing she likes about Lego. She also likes the fact that you don't have to restart a level if you die.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 12:20:27 am »
I really enjoyed Lego Batman. Lego Indiana Jones was OK, as was Lego Star Wars.

You know what's really needed? Lego Back to the Future.

Come to think of it, Lego TRON could be interesting, too.

madmax

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 01:41:00 am »
I liked the original 2 starwars ones and the batman one. The Harry Potter one looks like it might be fun. i think I'll get it if i find it for cheap

pacpix

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 10:22:53 am »
Come to think of it, Lego TRON could be interesting, too.

That sounds AWESOME
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

amauriel

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 11:56:01 am »
I LOVE anything TRON...a Lego TRON would probably make my head explode, but in a good way.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 02:20:00 pm »
I don't think there are enough characters in the Tron universe to be able to do a Lego game

jobocan

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 02:22:27 pm »
The only "lego" game I played was Lego Batman. It was pretty much just a button-masher, but it was still kinda fun to play with a friend. Not a series I'm terribly interested in though.

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 08:08:31 pm »
Yeah I agree they are way more fun with a friend. I really like Lego Batman and The Starwars ones, but again with a friend

tpugmire

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 10:54:42 pm »
I own pretty much all of them and I really enjoy them.  Indiana Jones and Star Wars 3 are probably my least favorite ones, but even those are pretty good.  Pirates of the Caribbean is often overlooked, but is one of my favorites.  It did seem to be shorter than the others though.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 11:38:24 pm »
I know this is a really old post but i saw it so i decided to say something about it. I have to say my son loves these games! Every time I watch him play I end up in there playing with him... They are a lot of fun playing together. :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 12:08:03 am »
I started reading this thread and thought "A ton of the OG VGC'ers showed up tonight!" Then I realized this was a zombie thread. Silly me.

On topic, we like the Lego games around here. Lego City, Lego Movie, Marvel Legos; they all get played on the WiiU.

retroone

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 10:48:59 am »
Lego Racers was pretty fun and I played the heck out of Lego Star Wars for GBA when it came out.