Author Topic: Ingrained Gaming Habits  (Read 1904 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Ingrained Gaming Habits
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 02:09:35 am »
 With the exception of "rocking back and forth" which I do not do.

I am guilty of all the other things mentioned so far in this tread.

But also:

Epic amounts of swearing to the point that I have often invented entirely new curse words and phrases while gaming. My wife says it's like I am speaking in tongues.

In fact if I am fighting a particularly hard boss and I have died a few times already once I finally beat said boss I am known to flip the tv the double birds spouting "Yes! effff you, effff you. eeeeeeeeeffffffff yooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

karyann

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 08:31:34 pm »
I got it in my head when I was young that I had to pick up everything.  I didn't want to be wasteful.  I thought the game would think I didn't need that health, so it would quit giving it to me.  So, I picked up everything whether I needed it or not. 

To this day, I can't leave a health laying.  A good example is in Metroid when you stand over those spawning holes for those beetle looking things.  I shoot and shoot trying to get my missiles or health full.  Even if I don't need what's dropped, I have to pick it up.

I'm still that way even though I know that's useless. I'm just unable to refrain myself from picking everything up before it disappears...  :o

Also, in turn-based games, holding down the A button when I attack / holding down B when I defend. I don't know why, but I've had that habit since forever, I think it started with Pokémon. A is for "yes" and B is for "cancel", so obviously A makes your attack stronger and B negates the opponents' moves, right?!  :-X

Speaking of Pokemon, pressing A while the pokeball is shaking to increase the chance of a capture.

Actually that only worked in Gen 1

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate

Wait, that actually worked for real?  :o

pacpix

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 08:43:51 pm »
In fact if I am fighting a particularly hard boss and I have died a few times already once I finally beat said boss I am known to flip the tv the double birds spouting "Yes! effff you, effff you. eeeeeeeeeffffffff yooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"
There is something oddly satisfying about flipping off the tv... Once I start doing that though I tell myself it is probably time to take a break ha.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2014, 08:45:35 pm »
I am SUPER fidgety when I play 2D platformers, so I will just constantly be jumping/rolling or whatever even during the sections with no jumps/enemies. Especially on DKC1 and 2 and ESPECIALLY when I'm using Diddy. I basically just cartwheel through the whole game with him, lol. I think impatience is overall my worst habit when it comes games, which is what I think my fidgetiness stems from, feeling the need to do SOMETHING during the slower parts of the game. I make a lot of mistakes just because I didn't think a move/jump through at all and rushed headlong into death. I

retroone

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 11:53:58 am »
Any chance you get SAVE!!