Author Topic: PS Vita Imports  (Read 4639 times)

PS Vita Imports
« on: November 14, 2014, 01:25:49 pm »
I'm not sure if this has been done, but does anyone know of some good Japanese imports that can be played without know much Japanese?

I'll update the list on this post as people contribute to the thread.

Here are the ones I know of (in no particular order):

-Criminal Girls Invitational - the combat tips are in english so you know what your enemies are weak to.

-moero chronicle

-Hatsune Miku series

-Love Live! series - very similar to Hatsune Miku

-Bullet Girls

-J-Stars Victory Vs

-DENGEKI BUNKO: FIGHTING CLIMAX

-Shin Gundam Musou

-Phantasy Star 2 online
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:53:55 am by instantreplay »

davifus

Re: PS Vita Imports
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 01:41:11 pm »
IdolM@ster - I dont remember If their were any PS VITA releases but its was the first thing off my head.

Nope Never mind only PS3 releases.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:56:10 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 01:50:05 pm »
IdolM@ster

Don't you have to make very important dialogue choices in that game XD
How can you do that if its in another language?

davifus

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 01:57:22 pm »
IdolM@ster

Don't you have to make very important dialogue choices in that game XD
How can you do that if its in another language?

Well, you hope for the best and It's still a rhythm game.

karyann

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 02:11:02 pm »
I have Dokuro in my wishlist, it's a puzzle/platformer and seems pretty neat :) It's available on the NA PSN, but Japan got a physical version, so I'm going for that one.

As for Hatsune Miku games, they have translated them (At least, "F" and "F 2nd" are. I don't remember if there are more)  :)

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 02:20:52 pm »
Some imports to mention:
J-Stars Victory Vs- PS3/PS Vita- Fighting game of popular shonen characters
Sword Art Online- The only way to get a physical copy of this is getting the Chinese version of the game, which has a English translation.
DENGEKI BUNKO: FIGHTING CLIMAX- another fighting game that you also get for a ps3 import as well
bullet girls- a weird shooting game with a lot of fanservice, easy game to pick up
soul sacrifice delta- interesting action game with a asian version with an engish translation.
To be honest, the vita is a system with a ton of jrpgs, and very few english translations within those games due to the motivations of the developers. If you really want to get into the vita's import library and explore its catalog more, you will most likely need to learn some Japanese so that you can understand and play through those games.
Also, you may find more vita games with english translations in asian versions of game, and just look for genres that traditionally don't have much text.

davifus

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 03:26:43 pm »
Some imports to mention:
Sword Art Online- The only way to get a physical copy of this is getting the Chinese version of the game, which has a English translation.
DENGEKI BUNKO: FIGHTING CLIMAX- another fighting game that you also get for a ps3 import as well
bullet girls- a weird shooting game with a lot of fanservice, easy game to pick up
soul sacrifice delta- interesting action game with a asian version with an engish translation.
To be honest, the vita is a system with a ton of jrpgs, and very few english translations within those games due to the motivations of the developers. If you really want to get into the vita's import library and explore its catalog more, you will most likely need to learn some Japanese so that you can understand and play through those games.
Also, you may find more vita games with english translations in asian versions of game, and just look for genres that traditionally don't have much text.

Silly me

How did I forget about J-Star Victory Vs & Dengeki Bunko. I own both for the PS3.

abe

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 04:20:17 pm »
Shin Gundam Musou is fairly import friendly. It's a Dynasty Warriors styled game, and it's also on the PS3. We got the PS3 version (Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn) on the PSN only and with a physical edition for Europe, but the PS Vita version never got localized.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:35:46 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 04:46:09 pm »
Some imports to mention:

I actually looked into Japanese games with english text and every single one already has english localization :V

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 12:54:51 pm »
Also, does anyone know of groups that are working on english mods for Vita games?

I know people did it all the time for the PSP but Sony made it much harder for people to mod a vita.

Apparently Phantasy Star 2 online has an english patch :O
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:00:13 pm by instantreplay »

maximo310

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 02:35:38 pm »
Also, does anyone know of groups that are working on english mods for Vita games?

I know people did it all the time for the PSP but Sony made it much harder for people to mod a vita.

Apparently Phantasy Star 2 online has an english patch :O
Yes, the original PSP had a bunch of security flaws in its first few versions of the psp firmware that let you change and modify a ton of stuff including pirated games, which sony tried to address by updating the firmware, but other exploits remain for the system. That's probably why Sony decided to put a lot more security in the Vita( the same thing Nintendo did with the 3DS based on the security flaws of the DS) to prevent such things from happening and its been working by making it much harder for people to bypass security in their handhelds. I'm looking forward to english mods in games because that would make a ton of games never released our of their original language playable, plus the PSO 2 english patch has been pretty good as alot of people were angry at Sega for not releasing the game outside of Japan when it launched in 2012( so far, the only other release is a Southeast Asian release with a English server in 2014), so its amazing to see the progress they've made at this game.

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 10:53:41 am »
Apparently moero chronicle is getting an English translation for its Asian release in February.