Author Topic: I'm boycotting Ubisoft. I can't take it anymore.  (Read 4529 times)

jcalder8

Re: I'm boycotting Ubisoft. I can't take it anymore.
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 01:42:12 pm »
I love Ubisoft games, for the most part. I really enjoyed Ass Creed 1-2X and FarCry 3 was fantastic and the Rayman reboot has been awesome.

That being said I don't remember the last time I paid retail for one of their games. I find that their games drop VERY fast in price for the most part so I just wait a couple months and pick it up later.

soera

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 03:22:39 pm »
Totally forgot about Child of Light. My mistake that was a great game but it can't compare to a huge physical release game.

Two things. I loved Child of Light. :)

And every time you post, I think its me. We had/have the same exact avatar.

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 05:08:49 pm »
I love Ubisoft games, for the most part. I really enjoyed Ass Creed 1-2X and FarCry 3 was fantastic and the Rayman reboot has been awesome.

That being said I don't remember the last time I paid retail for one of their games. I find that their games drop VERY fast in price for the most part so I just wait a couple months and pick it up later.

Pretty much this.  Because they do release AC yearly and that they have quick turn arounds for their games, their stuff get sales on Steam quite regularly.  If you don't want to pay full price for their games, just wait a bit and buy them on a sale.  Mostly likely will be able to get Unity or Far Cry 4 at close to half price by summer.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 06:28:40 pm »
As long as they still keep making those awesome 2D Rayman games they've been doing, I'm gonna keep supporting them. Best 2D platforming series out there right now outside of the New Super Mario Bros. games, IMO.

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 06:39:24 pm »
They also ditched the support of the Wii U. So I don't need them.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

mark1982

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 05:41:03 am »
I don't mind Ubisoft titles, to avoid any unpleasant gaming experiences I just wait after they release patches for their games. I'm only playing Unity now after the patch, works fine, not such a buggy mess as what was reported during launch. Yes, of course there are still bugs here and there - clipping, NPC pop-in but nothing game breaking.

TBH I do that with most games these days, I don't pre-order just see if the game is stable first from news sites or forums.
  l    l 

foxhack

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 01:15:23 pm »
Possibly related:

EA has removed Ubisoft's games from Origin because many keys were purchased with fraudulent payment methods. All keys were identified and reported to Ubisoft.

So we now know where these "cheap" keys might've come from.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 01:16:52 pm »
They also ditched the support of the Wii U. So I don't need them.

Really? No more Raymans on Wii U? They did release Legends on Wii U.

foxhack

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 02:32:29 pm »
Update #2:

Kinguin is blaming an unidentified supplier for the bad keys.

... to everyone who thought they were "good"...

NOW DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THEY'RE SHADY AS HELL?!

(don't make me use the blink tag)