Author Topic: Atari Jaguar  (Read 4052 times)

maximo310

Re: Atari Jaguar
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 02:49:45 am »
All PlayStation consoles play PS1 games, BTW.

Not the PS4. You can't even play PS1 Classics on the PS4 yet.

Wasn't that PlayStation's selling point for the system over Xbox One at E3? That it was backwards compatible?

They call it "Playstation Now".

Welcome to the generation where you can lease any game you want and pay for it by the hour.

Yeah, Playstation Now is a big-ass blemish on an otherwise excellent platform.  Sony needs to find a way to make that service not so absurd.

No joke, you can get hookers and coke for less than it costs to rent a game for 4 hours.

I may be slightly exaggerating as I've never been a patron of hookers or cocaine but I amagine they are cheaper.

Seriously, some games cost more to rent for 4 hours than they do to buy outright from the playstation store.

The pricing makes no sense.
Yeah, it seems like it could be a interesting service, but it's way too pricey to justify the cost, especially for just being rentals. Sony didn't do enough to lower pricing after the huge criticism of the beta pricing, but apparently I heard from someone that they are encoding the video from the stream remotely, and they have a high overhead which may be part of the reason they are charging a lot of money, and they may not be able to afford discounting the service. However, they have to lower prices if they want to get more people to use the service, its the only way.