Author Topic: Wanted: People who can record game footage  (Read 1043 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Wanted: People who can record game footage
« on: April 03, 2015, 02:36:14 pm »
And have one of these games - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games

Trying to do a revival of Cinematech (ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkRcFi51jiw)

I don't personally have the biggest collection or all the time in the world to record all of these games so if anyone would be willing to help record some footage I'm looking for collaborators! PM me if you want more info.

Re: Wanted: People who can record game footage
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 02:57:34 pm »
does recording via an emulator count?  ::)

davifus

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 03:54:17 pm »

^
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 04:53:16 pm »
I have a means of recording game footage and probably have some of those games... After looking, I guess I only have Metal Gear Acid (PSP)?

What kind of footage are you looking for? A full gameplay? Just a portion of the game?  Thanks to Youtube, there's already a bunch of gameplay out there for many of those games.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 05:01:07 pm »

^

That's what I'm most curious about for handhelds. I have the launch Mario game for GB and an original gameboy if you want that kind of footage, but emulator stuff would (technically) look better if you're just going for actual video game footage.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 12:15:14 am »
I would mostly be looking for 2 gameplay segments of 10 + minutes each and like maybe 1 or 2 cutscenes/opening. Really just a wide breath of footage that can be cut together. Depending on the game it might be different as you want to keep a pretty cinematic vibe so like RPGs obviously you wouldn't want to be wading through menus for 10 minutes for a segment.

@The emulator question. I won't ever be recording any of my footage on emulators because I just think playing those on the original systems would be truer to the vibe of the show but hey I would never know if you're just sending me footage ;)