Author Topic: Castlevania Bloodlines  (Read 1204 times)

silversyx

Castlevania Bloodlines
« on: March 08, 2015, 02:37:57 pm »
I can't get my copy of Castlevania Bloodlines to work, it shows the licensed by sega screen then it either is just a blank black screen or a blank red screen... all my other Genesis and 32X games work, any suggestions?  :-\

Re: Castlevania Bloodlines
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 08:24:03 pm »
You can try cleaning the hell out of the contacts with 99% alcohol and a qutip, that sometimes does the trick.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 09:32:08 pm »
Take it apart, clean it with an eraser

I used this trick on a Killer Instinct Gold Cartridge that I couldn't get to work with any other cleaning method I tried
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:34:10 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 09:20:32 am »
Did you try blowing in it?  Just kidding :D  It's totally worth it to buy the special bit you need to take games apart to clean them.  Clean the contacts first with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab and then use an eraser.  Don't use one of the gritty erasers though, use the smooth kind.  The gritty ones are too abrasive.  I've also used windex, it's milder than rubbing alcohol, but I usually use the latter.  I've used common 70% rubbing alcohol for 24 years and never had a problem with any of my games.

gf78

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 02:34:18 pm »
I don't remember off-hand, but does the Genesis boot up with the Sega screen or is it dependent on a game cartridge being inserted?  If it only shows the Sega logo when a cartridge is inserted, it sounds like the problem may be inside the cartridge itself and not just a corroded contact problem.  From my experience (I'm no expert), dirty contacts won't allow any part of the program to kick in.  If you open the cart up, you might find some corrosion inside on the circuit board.  Carefully cleaning it with alcohol and Q-tips and letting it dry thoroughly before reassembly could easily fix the problem. 

Again, I'm no expert and I'm just going off my experience with GameBoy, NES, SNES and other cartridges that ceased working.  A standard red school eraser does wonders for the contacts and you can follow that up with the Q-tip & alcohol method.   :)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

silversyx

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 10:40:45 am »
Awesome! anybody know what tool to use to open it? XD

gf78

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 12:11:10 pm »
Awesome! anybody know what tool to use to open it? XD

It takes a weird little driver.  I've actually seen cheap kits for sale of those drivers at O'Reiley's auto parts.  Or you can snag them really cheap on eBay. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us