Author Topic: Arcade Auctions  (Read 846 times)

Arcade Auctions
« on: June 05, 2015, 06:17:02 pm »
I will be going to my first Arcade Auction tomorrow and am super excited! I'd be even more excited if I was able to bid on something, but my girlfriend has made it very clear that if I bring anything home she will throw me out on the streets, forcing me to use my new cab for shelter. But my question is if anyone else has been to one of these, and if so what was your experience? Did the machines get bid up ultra high, or did everything get let go for a steal? Any noteworthy stories or experiences?

davifus

Re: Arcade Auctions
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 07:02:17 pm »
I will be going to my first Arcade Auction tomorrow and am super excited! I'd be even more excited if I was able to bid on something, but my girlfriend has made it very clear that if I bring anything home she will throw me out on the streets, forcing me to use my new cab for shelter. But my question is if anyone else has been to one of these, and if so what was your experience? Did the machines get bid up ultra high, or did everything get let go for a steal? Any noteworthy stories or experiences?

Wow, Scary
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 08:04:40 pm »

Wow, Scary

Yes, she made me promise I wouldn't get anything. She is completely right, we don't have the room for it, but every fiber of my being wants to bid on something. I'm feeling highly irrational about this lol

davifus

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 08:12:39 pm »

Wow, Scary

Yes, she made me promise I wouldn't get anything. She is completely right, we don't have the room for it, but every fiber of my being wants to bid on something. I'm feeling highly irrational about this lol

What IF.. just What If. You get a $1 Cab.

Yes or No?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 09:55:53 pm »

Wow, Scary

What IF.. just What If. You get a $1 Cab.

Yes or No?

That's just it! I would flip out and feel like I had to if it came down to that!

Before discussing this with my GF I decided that I was going to bring $100 and see what that got me. They have several non-working Sega cabinets I would love to buy and get up and running as a side project. I have no clue what is wrong with them, but it sounds fun to try and get them running. Considering non of them are arcade exclusives nor do they get the buzz that other titles get I doubt they'll go for much. I hope I'm wrong, otherwise I'm going to scream lol.

btw, the cabs I'm most interested in are Virtua Fighter 2, Diehard Arcade, Marvel vs. Capcom, and House of the Dead 2. Other than MvC the others aren't working.