Author Topic: The elusive dragon's dream for sega saturn  (Read 1356 times)

dreama1

The elusive dragon's dream for sega saturn
« on: September 07, 2015, 09:01:55 pm »
Game was suppose to be the first online rpg for a console. It's valued at $450+ Anyone heard of it or came across it?

aliensstudios

Re: The elusive dragon's dream for sega saturn
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 11:42:24 pm »
I've heard about it before, I've heard other rumors that it was a giveaway at an event in 1996, but only in Japan. Apparently it needed the modem to run, or else it would boot. A page here: http://web.archive.org/web/20030516022203/http://www.sega-am2.co.jp/jp/games/cri/netrpg/ shows that it was also planned for a PC release but I've no idea whether it did or not. At the time of release, this may have been a better option. It's a intriguing game I'd say.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

theflea

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 05:02:37 am »
So $450+ for a game that can't be played anymore? I know it's rare but $450+ for a dead game?
I don't think I could justify paying that much just for cover art and a coaster.  :P
"Happy game hunting!!!"

dreama1

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 02:29:25 pm »
So $450+ for a game that can't be played anymore? I know it's rare but $450+ for a dead game?
I don't think I could justify paying that much just for cover art and a coaster.  :P
Not sure if it's unplayable. It might be like phantasy star online when you play offline idk. It would make a good collector piece tho wouldn't it? First online rpg for console. Doing some research if you bought a mouse and keyboard you would get the game free. Then after a time period it would be sold in shops. So it's a mystery if it ever did make it to retail stores.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:32:06 pm by dreama1 »

gf78

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 03:34:16 pm »
Never heard of Dragon's Dream.  But if it does exist and is truly the first online console RPG, then I would definitely be interested in finding out more about it.  I don't know about $450 even if it would still play in an offline fashion.  I can't bring myself to drop that much on Panzer Dragoon Orta!  But it would be worth investigating nevertheless.  Good luck with the hunt my friend and keep us apprised of your discoveries. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us