Author Topic: X-Men: Apocalypse Movie Thread  (Read 3736 times)

gf78

Re: X-Men: Apocalypse Movie Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 03:30:40 pm »
^ The movie is set in the 80s. So all the characters are supposed to be younger.

Yeah...but the girl playing Storm now doesn't look anything like Halle Berry.

If memory serves me well, in the comics Storm changed also a few times  ;)

Yes.  She had long hair, short hair, Mohawk, long hair again...etc. 

I'm just not a fan of changing actors or when actors portraying a "younger version" of a character look nothing like their older self.  I guess this is just really par for course with the X-Men movies though.  James McAvoy looks nothing like Patrick Stewart.  The young beast looks nothing like Kelsey Grammar.  Etc.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 04:02:04 pm »
That's just the reality of movies. Actors don't play the same characters forever. Yet in the comics, artists can portray characters the same way for decades.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 02:49:52 pm »
That's just the reality of movies. Actors don't play the same characters forever. Yet in the comics, artists can portray characters the same way for decades.

Usually it also changes a bit with a new artist.

madmax

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 02:59:02 am »
I'm excited to see which direction they take the series in since they gave it a fresh start. It's a shame that they did that and then it seems that the main actors are distancing themselves away from X-men.

They refreshed the story arc, showed all of the X-Men together at the end of the last movie and then they drop out. Seems like they'll have to stick to the 80s actors now...

foxhack

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 08:36:33 pm »
I'm excited to see which direction they take the series in since they gave it a fresh start. It's a shame that they did that and then it seems that the main actors are distancing themselves away from X-men.

They refreshed the story arc, showed all of the X-Men together at the end of the last movie and then they drop out. Seems like they'll have to stick to the 80s actors now...

Well, all of the actors from the past fifteen years are much older than they were back then, especially Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart. There's only so much you can do with makeup and CGI. And they want to move on, so it's fine.

madmax

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 04:33:16 pm »
Well, all of the actors from the past fifteen years are much older than they were back then, especially Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart. There's only so much you can do with makeup and CGI. And they want to move on, so it's fine.

I understand why they needed to move on and I accept it. I just feel like it's a shame, they were such an integral part of the X-men series for me.