Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Turns 20  (Read 4361 times)

Re: Chrono Trigger Turns 20
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 10:32:52 am »
Chrono Trigger is one of the few JRPG's from those days that I actually played and beat, alongside Super Mario RPG.  I'm not generally big into the sprite RPG's, but I remember really liking that game, alot of it having to do with knowing that the artwork was done by Akira Toriyama as I was a huge DBZ fan then.  Would be cool if they remastered the PS1 version of the game and got new animation done for it.

I'm actually the same way with RPGs. I feel like 80% of RPGs I have a really hard time getting into, however it is that 20% that I am able to get into that seriously get me hooked. There are few better examples of this than Chrono Trigger. I'd go as far as saying it is a top 10 game of all time for me, and probably my favorite game on the SNES.

gf78

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 01:29:22 pm »
I'm actually the same way with RPGs. I feel like 80% of RPGs I have a really hard time getting into, however it is that 20% that I am able to get into that seriously get me hooked. There are few better examples of this than Chrono Trigger. I'd go as far as saying it is a top 10 game of all time for me, and probably my favorite game on the SNES.

Confession time:  I actually missed out on Chrono Trigger back in the SNES days.  Always wanted to play it.  Loved the commercials where the Japanese man yells "Chrono Trigger!" at the end.  Played Chrono Cross which I enjoyed but have been told couldn't hold up Chrono Trigger's jock. 

Now that I have acquired the DS version, I think I'm going to dive into it.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 02:35:13 pm »

Confession time:  I actually missed out on Chrono Trigger back in the SNES days.  Always wanted to play it.  Loved the commercials where the Japanese man yells "Chrono Trigger!" at the end.  Played Chrono Cross which I enjoyed but have been told couldn't hold up Chrono Trigger's jock. 

Stop what you're doing and start playing it now.  Do it!  Do it now!

telly

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 02:50:56 pm »

I'm in the weird camp where I liked Chrono Cross more; I think they are both great games though.

And yes, I played Chrono Trigger first :D
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 06:18:28 pm »
It would be very cool to see a hi-res 2D or 3D (Like Dragon Quest 8 or Ni no Kuni) remake.

Also, if they would kindly release a nice set of articulated figures like the Dragon Ball Figuarts, my wallet might burst into flames.  ;D

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2015, 02:24:28 am »
And the game hasn't aged a day in those 20 years. Still a total joy to get back to. The story, THE MUSIC, the characters, the action...everything's perfect. Very fond memories of playing the imported NTSC cart on my PAL SNES with the adaptor back in 1996. The Magic Kingdom is still one of the most amazing places in any video game ever.
Lighthearted NES posts at: nesternator.tumblr.com