Author Topic: Capcom's trend of remastering  (Read 1421 times)

silversyx

Capcom's trend of remastering
« on: October 20, 2015, 10:30:58 am »
So I just played through DmC: Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition and I found out they did Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition but it didn't get a physical release outside of Japan. I read they are also remaking Resident Evil 2. There is also the Mega Man Legacy Collection that recently came out.

What other Capcom games do you want remastered? What do you expect they'll remaster?

I wish there was a collection on disk of their remasters but wishful thinking haha.

davifus

Re: Capcom's trend of remastering
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 03:04:04 pm »
With the trend capcom doing sooner or later they're going to remaster a remastered game.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 04:21:34 pm »
I'd like to see some more of the old Disney games get the same treatment as Ducktales. Little Mermaid, Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers, and Aladdin come to mind.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 04:54:58 pm »
With the trend capcom doing sooner or later they're going to remaster a remastered game.

They already did that with the Resident Evil 1 remaster, since I believe it was based on the Gamecube remaster lol

And I'm all for giving the Ducktales treatment to a lot of those old great platformers.

gf78

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 09:12:48 am »
I would love to see a collection of their older games from the NES/SNES era on a disc.  Unfortunately, a lot of those games were licensed properties from Disney, Marvel, etc.  Inevitably, there will be some kind of hold up legalities because an X-Men game mentioned Mr. Fantastic in it or some other nonsensical bullshit.  And any collection Capcom may consider doing, they will half-ass it like they did with the new Megaman collection by not including all of the games.

How cool would it be to buy a Street Fighter Anthology that truly includes all of the Street Fighter games proper?  Street Fighter, Street Fighter II, Street Fighter III, Street Fighter IV (in their most recent/complete incarnations), all of the Alpha titles and all of the EX titles.  A true representation of the series from beginning until now (SFV notwithstanding), in a nice box set with commemorative book ala the Wii version of Super Mario All Stars.  I couldn't throw my money at Capcom fast enough.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 03:34:37 pm »
Honestly, I don't have much of a problem with the remasters. Some are admittedly a bit frivolous, but with 1080p being the standard TV resolution, there are plenty of games that can benefit from a fresh coat of paint or fps bump.

As an aside, the Asia version of DMC4: SE is available pretty cheap from Play-Asia and has full English support. DLC works as well, provided you use a Hong Kong account to download it - http://www.play-asia.com/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-english-japanese/13/708qt1

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 10:48:11 pm »
How cool would it be to buy a Street Fighter Anthology that truly includes all of the Street Fighter games proper?  Street Fighter, Street Fighter II, Street Fighter III, Street Fighter IV (in their most recent/complete incarnations), all of the Alpha titles and all of the EX titles.  A true representation of the series from beginning until now (SFV notwithstanding), in a nice box set with commemorative book ala the Wii version of Super Mario All Stars.  I couldn't throw my money at Capcom fast enough.
Yeah, I'd think that would be great to create a anthology of all the games in a neat package. That's why I was dissapointed with the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary collection, since most of the discs in that collection are for the soundtracks, SF x Tekken, and Super Street Fighter IV, and then the only other games are Street Fighter Turbo HD remix and III Third Strike as download codes. I think that boxset was defenitely a missed opprotunity that should be rectified.

gf78

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 10:34:59 am »
Yeah, I'd think that would be great to create a anthology of all the games in a neat package. That's why I was dissapointed with the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary collection, since most of the discs in that collection are for the soundtracks, SF x Tekken, and Super Street Fighter IV, and then the only other games are Street Fighter Turbo HD remix and III Third Strike as download codes. I think that boxset was defenitely a missed opprotunity that should be rectified.

Yeah...after I typed that I thought immediately about the 25th Anniversary box set.  It was crap.  First, Capcom can shove their digital downloads up their asses.  I mean, you already have printed the discs, how hard would it be to stick those tiny ROM files for the old games on one of the discs?  Or a disc by itself?  I mean, it only costs about 2 cents to make a DVD and a bit more to mass produce a Blu-Ray!  Second, why omit the original Street Fighter?  While it is technically pretty crappy, barebones game it is part of the Street Fighter series.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

silversyx

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 04:56:43 pm »

They already did that with the Resident Evil 1 remaster, since I believe it was based on the Gamecube remaster lol

And I'm all for giving the Ducktales treatment to a lot of those old great platformers.

Well this is a remaster of a remake so it's not quite as bad but yeah XD