Author Topic: Whats wrong with a Xbox?  (Read 4615 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Whats wrong with a Xbox?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 03:09:55 am »
Yeah, I routinely find them for $5-$10 a pop here.

They are pretty good. Especially soft-modded. Tons of emulators available for them. You can even play legit Sega CD games straight off the disc.

The legit library is good too. For games that were multi-platform they are generally higher visual quality on the Xbox (get the HD kit) and many have Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

Simpsons Hit & Run is a lot of fun with 5.1. :)
Soul Calibur 2
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Ninja Gaiden
Sonic Mega Collection Plus (one of the only collections that includes the game gear games)

It's a great console. :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 12:12:27 pm »
I want my Xbox unmodded. Found out the hard way that it makes the first MechAssault unplayable, and makes Morrowind stutter and skip around. And those are two of the best games in the Xbox library.

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 05:54:10 pm »
Never owned one myself. I do however want one now as some of the Xbox games I want don't work on X360.

I may not have owned one but I've played plenty of the original Xbox; once they replaced that awful controller (thank you Japanese market), it was a very good console. Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and Fable are among my favorite games in that entire generation.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 02:54:58 am »
I want my Xbox unmodded. Found out the hard way that it makes the first MechAssault unplayable, and makes Morrowind stutter and skip around. And those are two of the best games in the Xbox library.

Why own just one? :)

davifus

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 06:36:17 pm »

My softmodded xbox plays Mechassault fine. What's wrong with yours? I always remember Morrowind having framerate issues, stuttering problems, and crashing sometimes.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:40:04 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 08:46:53 pm »

My softmodded xbox plays Mechassault fine. What's wrong with yours? I always remember Morrowind having framerate issues, stuttering problems, and crashing sometimes.

Certain methods of doing this causes this. I found it's a known problem after doing some research online. Problem is, I'm not the guy that did it, and I don't know how to undo it without worrying about possibly messing up my system. And it happened years ago, I don't know the guy anymore.

Apparently the entire mod is based off some exploit in the MechAssault game.

As for Morrowind, this is more than normal, and happened after the system got modded.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 11:44:58 pm »

Certain methods of doing this causes this. I found it's a known problem after doing some research online. Problem is, I'm not the guy that did it, and I don't know how to undo it without worrying about possibly messing up my system. And it happened years ago, I don't know the guy anymore.

As for Morrowind, this is more than normal, and happened after the system got modded.

There are many ways to softmod.

I prefer the 007 Agent Under Fire one.

Something appropriate about he James Bond theme playing before the box gets completely P0wn3d. :)

davifus

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2016, 04:13:56 pm »

There are many ways to softmod.

I prefer the 007 Agent Under Fire one.

Something appropriate about he James Bond theme playing before the box gets completely P0wn3d. :)

I did mine through Splinter Cell. I'm sure the softmod is reversible. You'll probably have to re-exploit a game and maybe download an OFW through that. Just a guess. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 04:18:26 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 02:58:04 am »
I did mine through Splinter Cell. I'm sure the softmod is reversible. You'll probably have to re-exploit a game and maybe download an OFW through that. Just a guess.

Way easier than that. Just make a backup of the C and E drives before you commit to the softmod

Going back to stock is just ftp in anytime later and replace the contents of C and E with your backup. :)

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2016, 11:05:30 am »
The First Xbox was great. It was like the spiritual successor to the Dreamcast for me.

sin2beta

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2016, 04:45:20 pm »
The First Xbox was great. It was like the spiritual successor to the Dreamcast for me.

Agree 100%.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2016, 01:35:28 am »

I agree with that.

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2016, 07:44:33 am »
Xbox is actually one of my favorite systems to collect for.  Not only do pretty much all of the games hold up today, but it's also cheap to collect for.  The system itself is easy to find and there are only a handful of games that get up there in price.  It has great couch multiplayer games and that's something that a lot of more modern machines just don't offer anymore.  It's one of my favorite systems to play still to this day and I'm always looking to add to my collection of titles.